iliketyla
Mar 29, 01:49 PM
and with our working hours and attitude we'll have 5 finished iPods by the end of the day instead of 493840384038403840 :P
Yeah you bring up a good point. I can't imagine assembling iPods is the most engaging activity ever, and most Americans would probably scoff at the kind of labor they seem to think is below them.
Kind of similar to when they raise an uproar about illegal immigrants taking all the jobs away, when they wouldn't be caught dead doing the kind of work some immigrants do.
Yeah you bring up a good point. I can't imagine assembling iPods is the most engaging activity ever, and most Americans would probably scoff at the kind of labor they seem to think is below them.
Kind of similar to when they raise an uproar about illegal immigrants taking all the jobs away, when they wouldn't be caught dead doing the kind of work some immigrants do.
eenu
Aug 11, 03:25 PM
and higher price than MB.
Jesus! How much more expensive do you want it to be! the price diff is already almost £500 from top whitebook to bottom MBP!
Jesus! How much more expensive do you want it to be! the price diff is already almost £500 from top whitebook to bottom MBP!
Popeye206
Mar 28, 11:44 AM
My problem isn't necessarily with Apple, my grief is with carriers who have tied most of us in to 2 year fixed contracts. Whether this is due to Apple's insistence, or whether carriers have signed up to the 'yearly cycle' idea, there are thousands of us stuck in the middle here.
Any 3GS user who bought new and has a 2 year contract (usually because it was the most economical) now has a huge dilemma. Do we switch phones and get new contracts on different phones, or do we go Pay As You Go to cover those 3/4 (potentially more) months?
Ultimately, if happens, I'll end up going for the new BlackBerry Bold Touch (Dakota), just because I don't want to be strung along for a few months, racking up minutes/text/data costs. It'll be sad, but ultimately, its just a phone I guess...
NB: ALL OF THE ABOVE IS PREFACED BY AN 'IF THE RUMOUR HAPPENS'!
Dude... your contract is only there to cover the subsidized cost of your phone. You don't have to sign a new contract to keep your pricing. Just let it go and all will be the same until you upgrade. There is no price changes because your contract is up.
Any 3GS user who bought new and has a 2 year contract (usually because it was the most economical) now has a huge dilemma. Do we switch phones and get new contracts on different phones, or do we go Pay As You Go to cover those 3/4 (potentially more) months?
Ultimately, if happens, I'll end up going for the new BlackBerry Bold Touch (Dakota), just because I don't want to be strung along for a few months, racking up minutes/text/data costs. It'll be sad, but ultimately, its just a phone I guess...
NB: ALL OF THE ABOVE IS PREFACED BY AN 'IF THE RUMOUR HAPPENS'!
Dude... your contract is only there to cover the subsidized cost of your phone. You don't have to sign a new contract to keep your pricing. Just let it go and all will be the same until you upgrade. There is no price changes because your contract is up.
Porchland
Sep 11, 09:10 AM
beatles
And Radiohead.
I wonder about these two -- three before Dave Matthews Band came aboard -- everytime there's a major music announcement.
And Radiohead.
I wonder about these two -- three before Dave Matthews Band came aboard -- everytime there's a major music announcement.
citizenzen
Apr 14, 09:57 AM
Take that, fivepoint. Where has he been btw? Haven't seen him around here in a while.
I'll bet he moved on to forums where his ideas were more warmly accepted.
On the issues of taxes ... tax me more!
Sure, tax the rich more too.
But every American should be chipping in to solve the issues that we're facing.
We're in the lifeboat, and the water's rising. Everybody pick up a pail and start bailing.
I'll bet he moved on to forums where his ideas were more warmly accepted.
On the issues of taxes ... tax me more!
Sure, tax the rich more too.
But every American should be chipping in to solve the issues that we're facing.
We're in the lifeboat, and the water's rising. Everybody pick up a pail and start bailing.
ChazUK
Apr 23, 04:30 PM
Wish Apple did something towards resolution independence and not make images bigger and bigger. :confused:
That was what I was about to say. Assets getting bigger and bigger would be a waste of space wouldn't it?
That was what I was about to say. Assets getting bigger and bigger would be a waste of space wouldn't it?
G4scott
Aug 11, 10:02 AM
Hopefully they'll release the MacBook pros before Sept. 16 so I can still get my free iPod nano, but knowing Apple, they always wait until the end if their major promotion to introduce new stuff... Perhaps they'll update the MBP before then and the iPods after the 16th. I don't really need the latest iPod out there.
I'm holding off for the new MBP because from what I've seen, the current ones still have issues. It was Apple's first Mac to go to Intel, and although they've made some changes, it's still "first generation". I'm hoping the next revision will have more than just a processor upgrade.
That said, I don't see the MacBooks going with the Core 2 Duo until sometime next year. The Core Duo is a fine chip, and will handle pretty much anything a MacBook owner would need, and it would make the more expensive MacBook Pro seem more appealing.
I'm holding off for the new MBP because from what I've seen, the current ones still have issues. It was Apple's first Mac to go to Intel, and although they've made some changes, it's still "first generation". I'm hoping the next revision will have more than just a processor upgrade.
That said, I don't see the MacBooks going with the Core 2 Duo until sometime next year. The Core Duo is a fine chip, and will handle pretty much anything a MacBook owner would need, and it would make the more expensive MacBook Pro seem more appealing.
clibinarius
Apr 20, 09:01 AM
So Apple's not going to upgrade despite securing the parts for three months so Verizon can pay off R&D on the 4? Well, I won't get one like I planned.
This rumor to me isn't believable. When those contracts are up, half of them will be looking for new phones. And if the 5 looks the same as the 4, people might just think its the 4 and get a different phone I think rather than get a perceived year and a half old phone.
I'm most concerned as to what this means for ipod. Are the ipods dead this year?
This rumor to me isn't believable. When those contracts are up, half of them will be looking for new phones. And if the 5 looks the same as the 4, people might just think its the 4 and get a different phone I think rather than get a perceived year and a half old phone.
I'm most concerned as to what this means for ipod. Are the ipods dead this year?
Number 41
Apr 26, 02:36 PM
Mac is still a success nonetheless...
Will be the same for the iPhone. Apple is happy with 2 models on 2 providers in the USA...
Mac still doesn't have the software selection of Windows. Mac succeeds in spite of it's lack of developers because owning a Mac became "cool" at some point in the past 15 years. Microsoft shooting themselves in the head with Vista helped as well.
Can the iPhone succeed when devs start to divert resources to Android development? Will the "cool" factor of owning an iPhone save it when the next "Angry Birds" type game is only available on Android? Or when major corporations develop Apps for their employees that require them to own Android phones (as happened with DOS/Windows back in the 80s and 90s)?
Apple is happy now because they're making money. The gravy train will end when the balance reaches a tipping point -- as the PC market did -- where it simply isn't profitable to divert resources away from the majority market share to develop for the minority market share.
Will be the same for the iPhone. Apple is happy with 2 models on 2 providers in the USA...
Mac still doesn't have the software selection of Windows. Mac succeeds in spite of it's lack of developers because owning a Mac became "cool" at some point in the past 15 years. Microsoft shooting themselves in the head with Vista helped as well.
Can the iPhone succeed when devs start to divert resources to Android development? Will the "cool" factor of owning an iPhone save it when the next "Angry Birds" type game is only available on Android? Or when major corporations develop Apps for their employees that require them to own Android phones (as happened with DOS/Windows back in the 80s and 90s)?
Apple is happy now because they're making money. The gravy train will end when the balance reaches a tipping point -- as the PC market did -- where it simply isn't profitable to divert resources away from the majority market share to develop for the minority market share.
KingCrimson
Apr 18, 02:57 PM
Interesting that Samsung Group is a much larger corporation to Apple, but only have $4.5 billion in cash reserves. While Apple has $50 billion and counting.
ciTiger
May 6, 07:44 AM
Ant there you have it folks! A new rumor theme that will last forever or until Apple changes architecture... lol
I do think that the battery would be the most to benefit from this but I don't think that it will happen any day soon. Even 13 is soon... But there might be one "new" product with it.. Maybe just one Macbook Air or something...
I do think that the battery would be the most to benefit from this but I don't think that it will happen any day soon. Even 13 is soon... But there might be one "new" product with it.. Maybe just one Macbook Air or something...
~Shard~
Aug 11, 12:31 PM
I think he means it's a speed bump in terms of sales. Not technically. Though I may have him/her wrong.
Ah, gotcha. Yeah, I could see that being the case now that you mention it.
Most of the "goodness" isn't anything a laptop user will notice.
Quite true. Again, I was speaking from a technical perspective, but practically, yes, this is quite true.
Umm..technically you are right, but the the difference of 5-15% is not very significant, especially compared to Conroe's 40% jump. Merom's power is limited by slower FSB which is not going to see any change anytime soon. I just hope they fix current MBP issues first like battery life, underclocked graphic card and Superdrives. CPU upgrade is just a ritual Apple has to perform to stay in the league.
Gotcha, and agreed - see above. ;) :D
Ah, gotcha. Yeah, I could see that being the case now that you mention it.
Most of the "goodness" isn't anything a laptop user will notice.
Quite true. Again, I was speaking from a technical perspective, but practically, yes, this is quite true.
Umm..technically you are right, but the the difference of 5-15% is not very significant, especially compared to Conroe's 40% jump. Merom's power is limited by slower FSB which is not going to see any change anytime soon. I just hope they fix current MBP issues first like battery life, underclocked graphic card and Superdrives. CPU upgrade is just a ritual Apple has to perform to stay in the league.
Gotcha, and agreed - see above. ;) :D
thankins
Mar 30, 06:47 PM
Can this build be installed/updated over the previous Developer Preview 1 install? Or do I have to do a clean install after each new build?
You need to install an update from Software Update first. Then Restart. Then go to the Dev Center and get a redeem code. Then go to the Mac App Store, redeem a and download.
So no you dont have to do a new install
You need to install an update from Software Update first. Then Restart. Then go to the Dev Center and get a redeem code. Then go to the Mac App Store, redeem a and download.
So no you dont have to do a new install
lucabrasi
Mar 30, 06:39 PM
Will this work on the 2011 mbp's?
The installer does not error out and seems to work... rebooting now
The installer does not error out and seems to work... rebooting now
griz
Apr 23, 08:36 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)
3200x2000 is only a little higher than what the current 27" boasts.
Also, it would depend on the viewing distance to be able to call it a retina display. Heck, a 1080p TV from 10 feet away is a retina display.
3200x2000 is only a little higher than what the current 27" boasts.
Also, it would depend on the viewing distance to be able to call it a retina display. Heck, a 1080p TV from 10 feet away is a retina display.
Kristenn
May 7, 01:55 PM
Free sounds good to me. I mean, it could be like Apple's Windows Live only everyone says Mobile Me is better and does other things. I would like to have a .me or .mac (whatever) email address like PC users have .live or .hotmail addresses for free.
And syncing will probably be something my dad will use... even though I think he already pays for mobile me anyway O.o
And syncing will probably be something my dad will use... even though I think he already pays for mobile me anyway O.o
Popeye206
Apr 6, 06:11 PM
-Sync wirelessly (No more messing with that iTunes syncing madness)
-SD Card (Expandable storage)
-File manager (Operates more like a PC)
-Can actually attach files in the stock E-Mail app (IPad cannot)
-Photo file management in stock photo app (Not possible in iPad without iTunes syncing madness)
-USB Port (This is HUGE)
-HDMI (Also pretty huge)
-Decent cameras
-Flash
-UI looks very cool.
Haven`t held a Xoom yet so just working from posted specs..
But I do have an iPad 1. Quite a disappointing experience for a power user.
The games rock though!!
I did play with the Xoom right after it came out on my of my Best Buy visits (the same one that is not not working that I revisited last night). I personally didn't care for it. Too chaotic on the interface, but I can see where the more technogadget people would like it. But I think the more general consumer will have issues with it as it's just not as clean as iOS on the iPad.
I do think the Android and potentially RIM tablet will catch on. It's foolish to think Apple will be the only major player in the long run. The market is potentially too big. But Apple has a huge advantage right now as it seems Moto, Samsung and others are rushing products to market and not giving the best experience for the masses.
-SD Card (Expandable storage)
-File manager (Operates more like a PC)
-Can actually attach files in the stock E-Mail app (IPad cannot)
-Photo file management in stock photo app (Not possible in iPad without iTunes syncing madness)
-USB Port (This is HUGE)
-HDMI (Also pretty huge)
-Decent cameras
-Flash
-UI looks very cool.
Haven`t held a Xoom yet so just working from posted specs..
But I do have an iPad 1. Quite a disappointing experience for a power user.
The games rock though!!
I did play with the Xoom right after it came out on my of my Best Buy visits (the same one that is not not working that I revisited last night). I personally didn't care for it. Too chaotic on the interface, but I can see where the more technogadget people would like it. But I think the more general consumer will have issues with it as it's just not as clean as iOS on the iPad.
I do think the Android and potentially RIM tablet will catch on. It's foolish to think Apple will be the only major player in the long run. The market is potentially too big. But Apple has a huge advantage right now as it seems Moto, Samsung and others are rushing products to market and not giving the best experience for the masses.
Gasu E.
Apr 25, 08:31 AM
Well, I think the previous commenter's point has some validity. A great example of this "form over function" is the iMac. Mobile graphics (and poor ones at that), horrendous thermal management, limited stand orientation...but one damn fine looking computer:D Dont get me wrong, Apple does amazing things with their products. (Im obviously a fan :D) But I do think design is paramount to their efforts (not that function ever takes backseat, it just can be slightly lessoned on some releases). Now, IMO...they knocked both form and function out of the park with the iPad 2, iPhone 4, and 2010 MBA. Bravo
I have to respectfully disagree. Having a large monitor in a small compact desktop form factor was important to me. I have very limited deskspace, even less floorspace, and a variety of needs for the large monitor. You may call this "form", but as far as I am concerned, this is "functionality", since a larger package forces me to make other compromise in my life.
I have to respectfully disagree. Having a large monitor in a small compact desktop form factor was important to me. I have very limited deskspace, even less floorspace, and a variety of needs for the large monitor. You may call this "form", but as far as I am concerned, this is "functionality", since a larger package forces me to make other compromise in my life.
longofest
Aug 11, 08:57 AM
In other words, G5 PowerBooks next tuesday ;)
hob
Mar 27, 05:03 PM
Cloud based services will require mobile phone operators to change their pricing structures or see lots of dissapointed customers.
O2 UK - 24 month contract �35pm, right now = 1000 SMS's, 600 minutes, 500MB data. I'd far rather see 500SMS's, 300 minutes, 1.5GB data... but of course, the SMS and minutes cost them next to nothing vs. data costs...
O2 UK - 24 month contract �35pm, right now = 1000 SMS's, 600 minutes, 500MB data. I'd far rather see 500SMS's, 300 minutes, 1.5GB data... but of course, the SMS and minutes cost them next to nothing vs. data costs...
wclyffe
Dec 5, 07:50 AM
It really appears as if TomTom didn't create any real inventory, and waited to see how popular the device would be. Now they are creating inventory based on orders. Not great, but I just don't think the car kit is worth $130 (w/tax) so I'll wait. The longer they wait to deliver it may be a plus for us because maybe we'll get a chance to see and hear reactions to the Magellan car kit.
seenew
Aug 3, 11:34 PM
Man, and I got an iMac in late June because I was told they wouldn't get Merom's into iMacs until 2007.
:(
I can still drop one in, can't I?
:(
I can still drop one in, can't I?
3CCD
Aug 4, 03:40 PM
I'm excited to see what happens but since I'm in no crunch I'm waiting for the best time to buy. I'll wait till the new year if I have to.
scottparker999
May 8, 09:41 AM
One of the main bonuses of a paid service is that it limits the number of users so they can get an email such as joe.blogs@me.com. When services become free, more people sign up until people have to settle for Joe.M.blogs5739@me.com, and then the service looses its upper-market feel.
I would much prefer to apply for a job using the first address for instance.
I would much prefer to apply for a job using the first address for instance.
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar