boncellis
Jul 23, 06:35 PM
Personally, i'd love Apple releasing a intermediate desktop solution (between iMac and Mac Pro) sporting a not-yet-released 3.2GHz Conroe porcessor. That would be my dream machine BUT this is unlikely as its clocked higher than the top Woodcrest chip which tops out at 3.0GHz.
I might just get a windows box and dump linux on it....after all i already own a mac (PowerBook) with lots of life left. So if i miss Mac OS X i'll simply use my PB.
Other alternative would be to buy any conroe machine and just swap out the CPU with the 3.2 GHz chip launches. Too bad conroes will most likely be launching on iMacs though.
Don't do it man! You deserve better!
I might just get a windows box and dump linux on it....after all i already own a mac (PowerBook) with lots of life left. So if i miss Mac OS X i'll simply use my PB.
Other alternative would be to buy any conroe machine and just swap out the CPU with the 3.2 GHz chip launches. Too bad conroes will most likely be launching on iMacs though.
Don't do it man! You deserve better!
MacFly123
Mar 30, 04:06 AM
No offense taken, but seriously how is the web interface to my digital locker so offensive?
screenshot (http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5224/5571848363_7544628f92_b.jpg).
Not that I'd normally be accessing my media via a desktop website. That's why Amazon also offer a nice and visually friendly (https://ssl.gstatic.com/android/market/com.amazon.mp3/ss-1-320-480-160-2-251c9c92d6a55c8108001da1d17520acb8db9c80) app for your mobile devices :).
I'm not going to give a full critique to Amazon's UI and UX design, but when you look at Apple's UIs and Apple's apps next to these Amazon one's do you not notice a major difference in simplicity, fit and finish, and polish???
I'm not saying you can't use the Amazon stuff, but Apple has powerfully demonstrated many times over now for years, that user experience and beautiful design ABSOLUTELY DOES make a big impact!
Take a look at the UI of iBooks, or the new iMovie and Garage Band, or Contacts, or all of the iWork apps on iPad, etc. etc. BEAUTIFUL UIs and very creative, cultural, simplistic and elegant! Also WebOS has some beautiful UI design.
screenshot (http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5224/5571848363_7544628f92_b.jpg).
Not that I'd normally be accessing my media via a desktop website. That's why Amazon also offer a nice and visually friendly (https://ssl.gstatic.com/android/market/com.amazon.mp3/ss-1-320-480-160-2-251c9c92d6a55c8108001da1d17520acb8db9c80) app for your mobile devices :).
I'm not going to give a full critique to Amazon's UI and UX design, but when you look at Apple's UIs and Apple's apps next to these Amazon one's do you not notice a major difference in simplicity, fit and finish, and polish???
I'm not saying you can't use the Amazon stuff, but Apple has powerfully demonstrated many times over now for years, that user experience and beautiful design ABSOLUTELY DOES make a big impact!
Take a look at the UI of iBooks, or the new iMovie and Garage Band, or Contacts, or all of the iWork apps on iPad, etc. etc. BEAUTIFUL UIs and very creative, cultural, simplistic and elegant! Also WebOS has some beautiful UI design.
EagerDragon
Nov 27, 12:14 PM
Interesting I guess. But is there really a home/consumer market for this? I could see it working for artists and other professionals of that nature, but I know more than a few people that own PC tablets that hardly ever use them as such.
Excluding the pro and business market is what puzzles me. I can see photographers, artists and others taking advantage of a light pen to draw, anotate, and edit photos. I can see all sorts of people bringing them into meetings to write notes and do presentations connected to a projector. I do not see it being that useful in the home market (other than as a standard computer), but what the heck do I know.
If it provids full laptop functionality (-minus keyboard) and a light pen with solid hand writting recognition, I would certainly consider purchasing. But don't skimp on power, needs those 2GH Core2 duo's) and a decent 3d video card. Great on the airplane also.
Most home authomation if I remeber correctly is based on X10 or something like that. If it is different than X10, then they would need to also sell little devices that connects to lights and other electical devices so they can be remotely controlled.
I just want it as a hacking device...... Full power.
Excluding the pro and business market is what puzzles me. I can see photographers, artists and others taking advantage of a light pen to draw, anotate, and edit photos. I can see all sorts of people bringing them into meetings to write notes and do presentations connected to a projector. I do not see it being that useful in the home market (other than as a standard computer), but what the heck do I know.
If it provids full laptop functionality (-minus keyboard) and a light pen with solid hand writting recognition, I would certainly consider purchasing. But don't skimp on power, needs those 2GH Core2 duo's) and a decent 3d video card. Great on the airplane also.
Most home authomation if I remeber correctly is based on X10 or something like that. If it is different than X10, then they would need to also sell little devices that connects to lights and other electical devices so they can be remotely controlled.
I just want it as a hacking device...... Full power.
nived
Aug 11, 09:41 AM
Yes but remember Leopard is not going to be only 64-bit, it will run 32-bit and 64-bit applications side by side.
True, but 64-bit in a 32-bit envrionment is still going to run only at 32-bit or not at all. But mlrproducts is right, they do have a while.
True, but 64-bit in a 32-bit envrionment is still going to run only at 32-bit or not at all. But mlrproducts is right, they do have a while.
mrkramer
Apr 22, 02:50 PM
Please don't say "stop complaining, you're rich", because he wasn't born that way. He built those business from scratch, and i do not believed those actions should be punished with insane taxes
Did he build them completely by himself, or did he benefit from government subsidies of the oil industry, a stable environment created by a strong government, foreign markets that are kept open due to our military, did he benefit from shipping any products on our national highway system, the internet which was developed as a US military project, or any of the many other things the government has created?
Nobody builds a business completely from scratch without any sort of government help, even if that help is just a stable environment, if that wasn't the case Somalia would be the worlds top economy and have the most new ideas flowing out of it. And to pay for those things you have to pay taxes to pay the country back for the benefits you get by having your business here.
Did he build them completely by himself, or did he benefit from government subsidies of the oil industry, a stable environment created by a strong government, foreign markets that are kept open due to our military, did he benefit from shipping any products on our national highway system, the internet which was developed as a US military project, or any of the many other things the government has created?
Nobody builds a business completely from scratch without any sort of government help, even if that help is just a stable environment, if that wasn't the case Somalia would be the worlds top economy and have the most new ideas flowing out of it. And to pay for those things you have to pay taxes to pay the country back for the benefits you get by having your business here.
lessthandmb
Sep 15, 05:27 PM
As much as I hate waiting for UB software...the move to intel was a smart one for portables. There was no way a 2 ghz G5 dual core was fitting into a powerbook, let alone a 2.33ghz like Merom will be.
I wish apple would stay ahead of the pack and revolutionize portable liquid cooling...that would be nice. Obviously thats not going to happen in this update but I'm praying we'll see it at WWDC next year. With MacBook Pros finally coming with core 2 duo the focus will move back to the original problem...HEAT!!. I don't even know what they could do to solve the issue with the heat but everyone would be smart to invest in those notebook cooling pads because if Apple does nothing...these notebooks will be sizzlin'.
-Jeremy
I wish apple would stay ahead of the pack and revolutionize portable liquid cooling...that would be nice. Obviously thats not going to happen in this update but I'm praying we'll see it at WWDC next year. With MacBook Pros finally coming with core 2 duo the focus will move back to the original problem...HEAT!!. I don't even know what they could do to solve the issue with the heat but everyone would be smart to invest in those notebook cooling pads because if Apple does nothing...these notebooks will be sizzlin'.
-Jeremy
Flowbee
Sep 11, 12:04 AM
I would love a video streaming device. I use my airport express almost every day for streaming iTunes to my stereo, I'd love to be able to do the same with movies.
I have to believe that video quality for iMovie Store movies will be much improved over the current video offerings. Hopefully TV shows will get the same treatment.
Lastly, let me just throw my favorite (long-shot) rumor into the mix... Mac Pro Cube!!
I have to believe that video quality for iMovie Store movies will be much improved over the current video offerings. Hopefully TV shows will get the same treatment.
Lastly, let me just throw my favorite (long-shot) rumor into the mix... Mac Pro Cube!!
stevehp
Sep 10, 11:20 PM
Did they used to have a live stream of the keynote? Does that happen anymore? How soon do we find out the products on tuesday? Thanks!
Multimedia
Aug 2, 09:44 PM
You win that one. :D Although I cannot find the product page for laptop Core 2 Duos, only those for the desktop.Carlos, Intel's web site is notoriously out of date. I have never been able to find any current info on their site. Do not expect to ever rely on the Intel website for up-to-date info about themselves. :rolleyes: It is an extremely poorly designed site.
ALL the Core 2 Duo Processors are shipping including Merom Carlos.
ALL the Core 2 Duo Processors are shipping including Merom Carlos.
LegendKillerUK
Apr 23, 05:11 PM
Am I the only one who loves looking at high res high quality icons? I feel a bit sad over here. :p
Steve121178
Apr 26, 04:38 PM
These smartphone stats are quite interesting. We have a open plan office and when I look around me I see about 5 iPhone 4's, 3 iPhone 3GS's and 1 android. :rolleyes:
Also look at how much money Apple has in the bank now in relation to their smartphone market share...
What's that got to do with anything?
Also look at how much money Apple has in the bank now in relation to their smartphone market share...
What's that got to do with anything?
tstreete
Jan 26, 07:50 PM
Sounds like they're talking about one of their GPS devices, but its probably the same.
I live in Vermont, which is even colder, and leave my car kit in the car overnight; FWIW it's probably gotten colder than -4F and it still works fine.
I live in Vermont, which is even colder, and leave my car kit in the car overnight; FWIW it's probably gotten colder than -4F and it still works fine.
Number 41
Mar 28, 12:03 PM
My 3GS is working just fine -- I'm more than content to wait for a real refresh to the iPhone (not some garbage update that keeps the same flawed form factor re: antenna and use of a shattering glass back).
Most people claiming they'll switch won't -- rebuying your Apps for the Android marketplace represents a non-insubstantial hidden cost to switching for many people.
Most people claiming they'll switch won't -- rebuying your Apps for the Android marketplace represents a non-insubstantial hidden cost to switching for many people.
spacemanspifff
Mar 31, 07:45 AM
Oh and spacemanspifff, please, use Google, the solution has already been provided - talking about ancient problems hardly bolsters your case. Yes, a solution posted 12 or so hours ago is ancient - keep up with the play.
Kindly enlighten me as to which "Solution" you are talking about? If it's the font cache thing, then guess what? That was the first thing I tried, and I didn't need google to help me there - it does nothing to fix it. You seem to be confusing me with someone who has no knowledge of mac systems. I'll have you know I've been using macs since the SE, so I know a bit about them. My business depends on them working. I'm not some dumb kid who just uses a computer to play games and waste time on the net.
If you're going to post replies, then please provide clarity. otherwise people will think you're an idiot.
Kindly enlighten me as to which "Solution" you are talking about? If it's the font cache thing, then guess what? That was the first thing I tried, and I didn't need google to help me there - it does nothing to fix it. You seem to be confusing me with someone who has no knowledge of mac systems. I'll have you know I've been using macs since the SE, so I know a bit about them. My business depends on them working. I'm not some dumb kid who just uses a computer to play games and waste time on the net.
If you're going to post replies, then please provide clarity. otherwise people will think you're an idiot.
Merkie
Mar 27, 07:03 AM
There are already multiple iPads.....18 of them to be exact. Why would u think Apple would want to add to this already rediculous number. This whole idea about a iPad pro line needs to stop. It doesn't make sense. It's only 2011. Want an iPad pro.....get an AIR.
You mean 12.
You mean 12.
-aggie-
May 4, 11:33 AM
in order to speed up the game:
i assume that either we find nothing or we disable a trap or we find a level treasure.
in any case those do not affect our immediate game, so I will already call turn2:
R1T2: Loras' group opens the top right door and moves into the next room
if in the start room we would have found something that might have affected our next move (like a special treasure of some sort, a map or the like) then please disregard the above decision.
Did you ever define who is in your group?
i assume that either we find nothing or we disable a trap or we find a level treasure.
in any case those do not affect our immediate game, so I will already call turn2:
R1T2: Loras' group opens the top right door and moves into the next room
if in the start room we would have found something that might have affected our next move (like a special treasure of some sort, a map or the like) then please disregard the above decision.
Did you ever define who is in your group?
BenRoethig
May 6, 07:23 AM
Makes sense in that apple could control their own destiny in chipsets and CPUs, but it just seems like the PowerPC days all over again.
eenu
Aug 11, 12:51 PM
Apple will not keep Yonah in the MacBooks. Such a marketing differentiation tactic would be idiocy. All PC manufacturers are moving to Merom when it's available. The cost is the same. Yonah is dead. I expect a simultaneous transition of MBP, MB, and iMac very soon, moving all Macs to 64 bit.
I suggest you read up about Intels supply numbers! There will be no simultaneous transition as Intel cannot supply the demand this would create
I suggest you read up about Intels supply numbers! There will be no simultaneous transition as Intel cannot supply the demand this would create

Hattig
Jul 30, 09:43 AM
How successful are MVNOs? Last I heard ESPN and Disney mobile are rumored to be shutting down due to low subscriber numbers.
Disney -> Steve Jobs -> Apple ;)
Who'd get a mobile phone on an ESPN or Disney network anyway? Free sport clips or Mickey Mouse backgrounds?
Hey dude, with all due consideration, bad fake screenshots don't even rank along side a rumour of a rumour as far as a useful source of information.
David:cool:
I don't usually have the time to find out if something's fake or not, but the /point/ of my post remains.
Disney -> Steve Jobs -> Apple ;)
Who'd get a mobile phone on an ESPN or Disney network anyway? Free sport clips or Mickey Mouse backgrounds?
Hey dude, with all due consideration, bad fake screenshots don't even rank along side a rumour of a rumour as far as a useful source of information.
David:cool:
I don't usually have the time to find out if something's fake or not, but the /point/ of my post remains.
CellarDoor
Aug 4, 09:26 AM
I have been wondering the same thing. No matter how good the news is, there are still a bunch of negative votes. It just re-inforces my belief there is an organized effort to discredit Apple on this site. If it was just individuals, I would wonder why waste time on an Apple website if you did not like Apple? It makes no sense in that scenario. I do believe the PC establishment is worried about the possibility of Apple gaining more of a foothold in corporate America.
Give me a break. People voted negative on this because they are waiting on merom MBPs and now think that, contrary to they're hopes and prayers the past few weeks, that the Merom MBP revisions wont be out until september. This is no clandestine PC-clone smear campaign. who's it going to effect? This forum is full of the faithful, messing around here isn't going to change national opinion of Microsoft or apple products. It's not Steve Ballmer twisting his handlebar mustaches as he chortles to himself, going from one article to the next, voting negative at each. Let's get real here.
Give me a break. People voted negative on this because they are waiting on merom MBPs and now think that, contrary to they're hopes and prayers the past few weeks, that the Merom MBP revisions wont be out until september. This is no clandestine PC-clone smear campaign. who's it going to effect? This forum is full of the faithful, messing around here isn't going to change national opinion of Microsoft or apple products. It's not Steve Ballmer twisting his handlebar mustaches as he chortles to himself, going from one article to the next, voting negative at each. Let's get real here.
SandynJosh
Nov 26, 04:29 PM
The real influence the cellphone companies (at least, the ones not stuck in the 1980s as far as their network infrastructure goes) have on phone purchasing is the ability to subsidize phones that fit their model.
The fact Apple can't expect carriers to subsidize their phones is one issue they have to deal with.
NEWS:
November 23, 2006 CNN
NEW YORK (AP) -- Cell phone owners will be allowed to break software locks on their handsets in order to use them with competing carriers under new copyright rules announced Wednesday.
Given the above news, NO cellphone company may soon be subsidizing ANY phones.
The fact Apple can't expect carriers to subsidize their phones is one issue they have to deal with.
NEWS:
November 23, 2006 CNN
NEW YORK (AP) -- Cell phone owners will be allowed to break software locks on their handsets in order to use them with competing carriers under new copyright rules announced Wednesday.
Given the above news, NO cellphone company may soon be subsidizing ANY phones.
manic
Aug 11, 01:18 PM
Everyone waiting on the Core 2 Duo MacBook needs to get a clue.
The MacBook is barely three months old. It may get a speed bump and/or price cut soon, but won't get a new chip.
All of you saying Apple has to upgrade it to a Core 2 Duo to complete with Dell, HP, etc - why? Why do they HAVE to? Will they explode if they don't? Will the sun stop shining? Will all the world's puppies die?
You can't claim Apple will inevitable act a certain way now that they're on Intel chips; you don't know that. They have no history of using Intel chips. Just because your bright minds think it would be a good idea to move the MB line to the latest and greatest chip whenever a new one is released by Intel because "that's what the other guys are doing," it doesn't mean Apple agrees with you.
What we DO know for a fact is Apple like to differentiate between consumer and pro lines, and Apple has never been one to put the latest chips into the iMac or Mac Mini level machines - and I don't see either of that changing.
I guess your point is that Apple agrees with YOU, right?
The MacBook is barely three months old. It may get a speed bump and/or price cut soon, but won't get a new chip.
All of you saying Apple has to upgrade it to a Core 2 Duo to complete with Dell, HP, etc - why? Why do they HAVE to? Will they explode if they don't? Will the sun stop shining? Will all the world's puppies die?
You can't claim Apple will inevitable act a certain way now that they're on Intel chips; you don't know that. They have no history of using Intel chips. Just because your bright minds think it would be a good idea to move the MB line to the latest and greatest chip whenever a new one is released by Intel because "that's what the other guys are doing," it doesn't mean Apple agrees with you.
What we DO know for a fact is Apple like to differentiate between consumer and pro lines, and Apple has never been one to put the latest chips into the iMac or Mac Mini level machines - and I don't see either of that changing.
I guess your point is that Apple agrees with YOU, right?
LagunaSol
Apr 25, 09:04 AM
Maybe you could shed some light on this for me before I switch to a Droid. They don't track me.
LOL at Android users naive enough to think their "free" OS, funded by targeted advertising, isn't collecting user data.
LOL at Android users naive enough to think their "free" OS, funded by targeted advertising, isn't collecting user data.
manu chao
Jul 30, 12:20 PM
It's true...but I don't see it changing anytime soon. Americans are used to getting free or cheap phones when they sign up for a carrier contract. The carriers subsidize the cost so that expensive phones can be had for <$200. They RARELY pay full retail price ($300-$700) on a phone...mainly only when they break theirs and still have time on their contract. The way I understand it, the rest of the world pays full retail everytime they want a new phone. Is this right?
In Europe, it is pretty much the same as in the US, most people get their cell phone with a contract.
In Europe, it is pretty much the same as in the US, most people get their cell phone with a contract.
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar