Icy1007
May 6, 01:27 AM
I seriously doubt that this will happen. ARM processors will never be able to compete with even AMD processors, let alone Intel processors. Leave ARM where it belongs. In the tablet/ultra portable market.
-aggie-
May 4, 11:50 AM
you wish my young skinny friend, you wish! :D
Don't make me turn you into a mouse.
Don't make me turn you into a mouse.
Transporteur
Apr 27, 03:39 PM
..so at the BOTTOM of the case there is cool air (at least cooler then on top, since hot air rises), that means if the PSU is on the bottom it gets cool air and expells hot hair out the back of the case (NOT inside the case, meaning NO hot air coming out of the PSU back will stay in the case and get things even hotter).
Since the Mac Pro has separate compartments for the processors, extension cards and PSU / optical drives, it doesn't matter where the PSU is whatsoever!
Since the Mac Pro has separate compartments for the processors, extension cards and PSU / optical drives, it doesn't matter where the PSU is whatsoever!
gglockner
May 6, 12:45 AM
I cannot believe that Apple would replace Intel with ARM. It would be a setback to the Mac: virtually everything would become incompatible once again. Remember how long it took the larger developers to create Universal versions of applications: Microsoft Office and Adobe CS.
The previous two transitions (680x0 -> PPC and PPC -> x86) weren't so painful if for no other reason than the install base was far smaller.
And putting ARM as a secondary processor so that Macs can run iOS apps? There's absolutely no need - x86 Macs can already run iOS apps well inside the iPhone emulator that comes with Xcode. The x86 processors are more than capable of emulating an ARM processor.
The previous two transitions (680x0 -> PPC and PPC -> x86) weren't so painful if for no other reason than the install base was far smaller.
And putting ARM as a secondary processor so that Macs can run iOS apps? There's absolutely no need - x86 Macs can already run iOS apps well inside the iPhone emulator that comes with Xcode. The x86 processors are more than capable of emulating an ARM processor.

corywoolf
Aug 4, 01:22 AM
Not really any new news, but the September date bummed me out.
I knew it would be another month or so, but I am so anxious to get a new laptop, the thought of waiting another 4-6 weeks (at best) is a bummer.
I just hope Apple doesn't wait until Paris Expo to announce it. Then we're talking 2+ months.
My money is on iMac and iPod nano updates in Paris, MacBook in November, the Long awaited Media Mac Mini at Macworld, new video iPod along with the launch of iTunes Video Store, as well as the long rumored new games for the iPod. Maybe a new iSight that is small enough to clip onto the iPod? Bah, I am getting way too carried away. Back to the point, since this is a pro targeted conference, it makes perfect sense for the MacBook Pro and Mac Pro to make appearances.
I knew it would be another month or so, but I am so anxious to get a new laptop, the thought of waiting another 4-6 weeks (at best) is a bummer.
I just hope Apple doesn't wait until Paris Expo to announce it. Then we're talking 2+ months.
My money is on iMac and iPod nano updates in Paris, MacBook in November, the Long awaited Media Mac Mini at Macworld, new video iPod along with the launch of iTunes Video Store, as well as the long rumored new games for the iPod. Maybe a new iSight that is small enough to clip onto the iPod? Bah, I am getting way too carried away. Back to the point, since this is a pro targeted conference, it makes perfect sense for the MacBook Pro and Mac Pro to make appearances.
funwithamar
Apr 20, 01:52 AM
http://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogo.gif (http://www.macrumors.com/2011/04/20/iphone-5-shipping-in-september-with-faster-processor-similar-look/)
http://images.macrumors.com/article/2011/04/18/104037-iphone_4_side_shot.jpg
Reuters reports (http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/04/20/us-apple-iphone-idUSTRE73J0OE20110420) that the next generation iPhone will start production in July and likely shipping in September.Reuters cites three people "familiar with the matter". The brief news article also claims that the new iPhone will have a faster processor but "will look largely similar to the current iPhone 4". No other details are provided, but the timeline is in line with recent rumors about the iPhone 5.
The faster processor will likely be the Dual-Core A5 processor that was introduced alongside the iPad.
Article Link: iPhone 5 Shipping in September with Faster Processor, Similar Look (http://www.macrumors.com/2011/04/20/iphone-5-shipping-in-september-with-faster-processor-similar-look/)
useless update without i 4" screen up i feel ....
im jealous of other 4" phone models..... please apple bring out a 4 " model;)
http://images.macrumors.com/article/2011/04/18/104037-iphone_4_side_shot.jpg
Reuters reports (http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/04/20/us-apple-iphone-idUSTRE73J0OE20110420) that the next generation iPhone will start production in July and likely shipping in September.Reuters cites three people "familiar with the matter". The brief news article also claims that the new iPhone will have a faster processor but "will look largely similar to the current iPhone 4". No other details are provided, but the timeline is in line with recent rumors about the iPhone 5.
The faster processor will likely be the Dual-Core A5 processor that was introduced alongside the iPad.
Article Link: iPhone 5 Shipping in September with Faster Processor, Similar Look (http://www.macrumors.com/2011/04/20/iphone-5-shipping-in-september-with-faster-processor-similar-look/)
useless update without i 4" screen up i feel ....
im jealous of other 4" phone models..... please apple bring out a 4 " model;)
citizenzen
Apr 14, 10:28 PM
You don't, you only cut things that don't work and are unsuccessful. Don't feed money into something that isn't working, either fix it or cut it.
I agree.
This is a long term fix ... quite like our issue with energy. Quick action is less important that intelligent, strategic moves.
Let's take a moment to assess what works and what doesn't. What needs to be cut and what needs to be augmented.
Let's not be lured into thinking that everything needs to be cut equally. It's bad for haircuts. And it's bad for budgets too.
I agree.
This is a long term fix ... quite like our issue with energy. Quick action is less important that intelligent, strategic moves.
Let's take a moment to assess what works and what doesn't. What needs to be cut and what needs to be augmented.
Let's not be lured into thinking that everything needs to be cut equally. It's bad for haircuts. And it's bad for budgets too.
The Norman
Mar 28, 11:04 AM
I waited for the white iPhone 4. Then it was too late to switch to black but still fall within AT&T's 1 year policy if the 5 comes out on time. Apple and the phone companies need to figure out some sort of deal for these upgrade timeframes AND keep us all informed.
DavidLeblond
May 4, 02:53 PM
The licence is only for one computer.
If you want to install it on a different machine you must uninstall the original copy first.
The Mac App Store says:
"You can install apps on every Mac you use and even download them again."
That implies that if I go on a friend's computer for 5 minutes once a year I could install Lion on it for no charge.
Obviously Lion will not follow App Store conventions seeing as it isn't an app.
If you want to install it on a different machine you must uninstall the original copy first.
The Mac App Store says:
"You can install apps on every Mac you use and even download them again."
That implies that if I go on a friend's computer for 5 minutes once a year I could install Lion on it for no charge.
Obviously Lion will not follow App Store conventions seeing as it isn't an app.
appleguy123
May 2, 11:01 PM
In I haven't read the rules yet, so there's a small chance that that might change.
MacMan93
Nov 27, 10:14 PM
Actualllly somthing like this with a touch screen and it flips around like other tablets..
http://www.theapplecollection.com/design/macdesign/ibookmini_r01.html
Pic From^^^^^^
http://www.theapplecollection.com/design/macdesign/images/pict05_ibookmini_r01c.jpg
http://www.theapplecollection.com/design/macdesign/ibookmini_r01.html
Pic From^^^^^^
http://www.theapplecollection.com/design/macdesign/images/pict05_ibookmini_r01c.jpg
shartypants
Apr 25, 10:15 AM
Not sure what everybody is so worried about, I'm sure the phone needs to track some kind of historical information to give an accurate position. As long as accurate positioning information is not sent to Apple, is there really a problem?
G5Unit
Aug 7, 01:49 PM
Finally my dad can replace his 4 year old Dell.
Macintosheux
Apr 23, 06:29 PM
We at Consomac.fr have shared this very information last Tuesday. I clearly remember sending you guys an e-mail about this. I'm very disappointed we are again not cited as original source for an exclusive news we've published... :(
Automatic English translation: http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=fr&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=fr&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fconsomac.fr%2Fnews-1129.html
French original: http://consomac.fr/news-1129.html
Automatic English translation: http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=fr&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=fr&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fconsomac.fr%2Fnews-1129.html
French original: http://consomac.fr/news-1129.html
surf2snow1
Mar 28, 11:31 AM
Not cool. Coming from an iPhone 3GS, I seriously don't want to wait.
Same here, my wife wanted to upgrade her phone so she got the iPhone 4. I wanted to hold out for the white then decided to wait until the iPhone 5 came out. Guess I gotta wait a little while longer and HOPE the 5 is worth it!
Same here, my wife wanted to upgrade her phone so she got the iPhone 4. I wanted to hold out for the white then decided to wait until the iPhone 5 came out. Guess I gotta wait a little while longer and HOPE the 5 is worth it!
DudeDad
Mar 29, 12:37 PM
Right and Window's Phone automatic uploads to Sky Drive, free of charge. What does iOS have?
It has....it's not Windows...that's worth it all...
It has....it's not Windows...that's worth it all...
nagromme
Apr 25, 09:12 AM
I want a Steve Jobs Magic 8 Ball.
Jensend
Mar 30, 02:32 AM
The storage costs 4 times as much as Google cloud storage (not sure if Google's service handles music files well)
bigpics
Apr 25, 10:30 AM
Too late for that: http://www.spokeo.com/Holy Guacamole. But I'm not worried. It doesn't know my favorite pizza. Yet.
And in my case - not much fuel for password hackers to know my challenge question answers, but the fact is that more and more info about us can be reverse engineered from our digital "tracks" to build up quite a picture.
Speaking of pictures, I was just hearing that it's possible to gather other bits, e.g., from EXIF data on Flickr, Picasa, etc., including user annotations, avatar names from forums, etc. Also mentioned was a technique of "surrounding" your IP address from the servers it interacts with over time to pin its location down. And there are a growing number of other sources - e.g., facebook (besides what most of us make public there, just start some stupid app that requires "access to your basic information" and give the app away for the info) and other social and dating sites.
The "net" result (so to speak) is that little to none of the data may compromise you on its own - but when assembled could be quite a portfolio of info about you (and your associations and patterns of associations) that could be used to hack your ID, track you and more.
Not to mention if you live in any major city and go to stores, public buildings, etc., you're being photographed many, many times per day. (In London, up to thousands of times per day, e.g.)
But for all the arguing in the larger media and here, the simple question of why THIS file exists, and what its real intended use is hasn't yet been directly addressed by nearly anyone, especially anyone in a position to actually know.
It's not there for no reason and didn't program itself to exist. That doesn't pass any Occam's Razor or smell test. So what the hell IS the story with it??
Meanwhile, for get off the grid wishers, your moment of zen:
Transmit the message, to the receiver
Hope for an answer some day
I got three passports, couple of visas
Don't even know my real name
High on a hillside, trucks are loading
Everything's ready to roll, I, I
I sleep in the daytime, I work in the nigh time
I might not ever get home
This ain't no party, this ain't no disco
This ain't no fooling around
This ain't no mud club, or C. B. G. B.
I ain't got time for that now
This ain't no party, this ain't no disco
This ain't no fooling around
No time for dancing, or lovey dovey
I ain't got time for that now
Heard about Houston? Heard about Detroit?
Heard about Pittsburgh, PA?
You ought to know not to stand by the window
Somebody see you up there
I got some groceries, some peanut butter
To last a couple of days
But I ain't got no speakers
Ain't got no headphones
Ain't got no records to play
~David Byrne (Life During Wartime)
And in my case - not much fuel for password hackers to know my challenge question answers, but the fact is that more and more info about us can be reverse engineered from our digital "tracks" to build up quite a picture.
Speaking of pictures, I was just hearing that it's possible to gather other bits, e.g., from EXIF data on Flickr, Picasa, etc., including user annotations, avatar names from forums, etc. Also mentioned was a technique of "surrounding" your IP address from the servers it interacts with over time to pin its location down. And there are a growing number of other sources - e.g., facebook (besides what most of us make public there, just start some stupid app that requires "access to your basic information" and give the app away for the info) and other social and dating sites.
The "net" result (so to speak) is that little to none of the data may compromise you on its own - but when assembled could be quite a portfolio of info about you (and your associations and patterns of associations) that could be used to hack your ID, track you and more.
Not to mention if you live in any major city and go to stores, public buildings, etc., you're being photographed many, many times per day. (In London, up to thousands of times per day, e.g.)
But for all the arguing in the larger media and here, the simple question of why THIS file exists, and what its real intended use is hasn't yet been directly addressed by nearly anyone, especially anyone in a position to actually know.
It's not there for no reason and didn't program itself to exist. That doesn't pass any Occam's Razor or smell test. So what the hell IS the story with it??
Meanwhile, for get off the grid wishers, your moment of zen:
Transmit the message, to the receiver
Hope for an answer some day
I got three passports, couple of visas
Don't even know my real name
High on a hillside, trucks are loading
Everything's ready to roll, I, I
I sleep in the daytime, I work in the nigh time
I might not ever get home
This ain't no party, this ain't no disco
This ain't no fooling around
This ain't no mud club, or C. B. G. B.
I ain't got time for that now
This ain't no party, this ain't no disco
This ain't no fooling around
No time for dancing, or lovey dovey
I ain't got time for that now
Heard about Houston? Heard about Detroit?
Heard about Pittsburgh, PA?
You ought to know not to stand by the window
Somebody see you up there
I got some groceries, some peanut butter
To last a couple of days
But I ain't got no speakers
Ain't got no headphones
Ain't got no records to play
~David Byrne (Life During Wartime)
kntgsp
Apr 24, 04:52 AM
Apple's problem is that they put "Looks" before performance.
They crippled their chances of ever becoming a serious competitor to the PC for games due to deciding to use giant laptops on a stand which meant they could not cool any decent graphics cards, handing the gaming crown to the PC for years on a plate.
As for the future who knows.
That issue could have been largely solved if they had just faced a standard high end GPU with the intake facing towards the back and the exhaust on the side. But Apple is too vain to put a vent on the rear of the iMac to accomodate the intake of a high quality GPU, let alone a slim exhaust vent on the side.
If they had simply used a standard GPU like that it would have opened up quality gaming on the Mac and made it simple to upgrade to newer cards so that people didn't have to chuck the entire computer every time they wanted a new video card.
They crippled their chances of ever becoming a serious competitor to the PC for games due to deciding to use giant laptops on a stand which meant they could not cool any decent graphics cards, handing the gaming crown to the PC for years on a plate.
As for the future who knows.
That issue could have been largely solved if they had just faced a standard high end GPU with the intake facing towards the back and the exhaust on the side. But Apple is too vain to put a vent on the rear of the iMac to accomodate the intake of a high quality GPU, let alone a slim exhaust vent on the side.
If they had simply used a standard GPU like that it would have opened up quality gaming on the Mac and made it simple to upgrade to newer cards so that people didn't have to chuck the entire computer every time they wanted a new video card.
iScott428
Mar 28, 10:39 AM
I can not wait any longer, I need a new Iphone this summer! Please Apple do not make me wait any longer, my white 3gs is beginning to turn gray and the back is destroyed by my standards. Please bring back the metal backing, the mock up that looks like a mini ipad 3g would be outstanding!
Sam*
Aug 11, 11:28 AM
I'm also betting that the macbook pro and macbook both get core 2 duo chips, with MBP getting faster ones with 4MB L2 cache, and MB getting slower ones with lower L2 cache.
i agree, this will set them the mb and mbp apart well
Although i still think the macbook will use core duo for a while to come with for now if the mbp's get merom, the mb will have the clock speeds of the current mbp's (2.0 and 2.16) when the new mbp is released,
But most of all i want conroe in the iMac
i agree, this will set them the mb and mbp apart well
Although i still think the macbook will use core duo for a while to come with for now if the mbp's get merom, the mb will have the clock speeds of the current mbp's (2.0 and 2.16) when the new mbp is released,
But most of all i want conroe in the iMac
DavidLeblond
May 4, 02:49 PM
I think I'll go with the App store method. I don't like discs lying around. I don't forsee having to ever have to install the OS from scratch however I do wonder how one would restore their backup from Time Machine in the event that their disk gets borked.
twoodcc
Apr 24, 12:00 PM
i would love to see retina displays for desktops and laptops!
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar