Northgrove
Apr 20, 03:31 AM
Springing for just a faster processor. Dont't think thats gonna happen. I'll just stick with my iP4 until the following year...
Same, and I'm saying that as a 3GS user. I'm not feeling the slowness here, and the only thing I miss from the iPhone 4 is the better camera. I've seen the Retina display but while it's a nice resolution bump, it still didn't make my display feel horrible. I'm not annoyed by a particularly low or below average resolution.
I'm hoping the iPhone 5 has something more to it than this. I don't even know how it would make use of an even faster CPU than that in the iPhone 4. Are we annoyed by things going slow?
Same, and I'm saying that as a 3GS user. I'm not feeling the slowness here, and the only thing I miss from the iPhone 4 is the better camera. I've seen the Retina display but while it's a nice resolution bump, it still didn't make my display feel horrible. I'm not annoyed by a particularly low or below average resolution.
I'm hoping the iPhone 5 has something more to it than this. I don't even know how it would make use of an even faster CPU than that in the iPhone 4. Are we annoyed by things going slow?
mrblack927
Apr 20, 08:27 AM
Believe it or not about 1/2 of iPhone 4 owners believe they have a 4g phone.
Source?
Source?
Benjy91
Apr 25, 10:01 AM
It's funny how people are panicking about this, but not the Geo-Map feature on any photo taken with an iPhone. Which can be pinpointed to 50m of where you took the photo.
MacRumors
Apr 20, 12:19 AM
http://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogo.gif (http://www.macrumors.com/2011/04/20/iphone-5-shipping-in-september-with-faster-processor-similar-look/)
http://images.macrumors.com/article/2011/04/18/104037-iphone_4_side_shot.jpg

Michelle Obama#39;s Thank You

Thank you for the

I would like to thank you

Thank You Letter from the

Thank you letter to OAVN from
http://images.macrumors.com/article/2011/04/18/104037-iphone_4_side_shot.jpg
DeSnousa
Sep 10, 11:18 PM
Wow! What kind of slow-ass lines do you people in Australia have to suffer with?
Thats ridiculously slow. :(
Mine connection would take around 14 hours, but we have adsl 2+ now which is up to 24mb/sec. Can't wait to upgrade :cool:
This movie store is all exciting and all, but with out world stores, it will be the US who will be enjoying it :(
Thats ridiculously slow. :(
Mine connection would take around 14 hours, but we have adsl 2+ now which is up to 24mb/sec. Can't wait to upgrade :cool:
This movie store is all exciting and all, but with out world stores, it will be the US who will be enjoying it :(
jholzner
Jul 21, 04:20 PM
iPods? Just no. They will come out in September, or else the September 17th due date for a free Nano would be dumb.
Well, I guess Apple was pretty dumb last year when they annouced the Nano while the iPod mini promo was still going strong. The promo didn't change and the mini was only availabe to edu customers so they could finish up the promo.
September 7, 2005
Apple Introduces iPod nano
"Back to School Promo. College students — buy a qualifying Mac before September 25, and get a free iPod mini"
Well, I guess Apple was pretty dumb last year when they annouced the Nano while the iPod mini promo was still going strong. The promo didn't change and the mini was only availabe to edu customers so they could finish up the promo.
September 7, 2005
Apple Introduces iPod nano
"Back to School Promo. College students — buy a qualifying Mac before September 25, and get a free iPod mini"
floatingspirit
Jul 30, 11:25 PM
i think i'll buy a Macbook instead
Here! Here! I second that! :)
Here! Here! I second that! :)
fixyourthinking
Nov 26, 02:47 PM
Wasn't there a video of a concept called "The Knowldge Navigator" that voice recognition, scheduling email, etc etc that was like a futuristic Newton?
See http://www.billzarchy.com/clips/clips_apple_nav.htm
See http://www.billzarchy.com/clips/clips_apple_nav.htm
spazzcat
Mar 29, 09:06 AM
I dont think so, Amazon cannot get the app needed for the streaming/storing of content on your phone or tablet approved in the appstore since. It violates apples terms, if you or anyone else has an issue with it, contact apple.

Thank you letter from CASA for

Hillside Outreach -

quot;thank youquot; letter!

thankyou letters

Here is a recent thank you

Thank you letter from BADM 305

Thank You Letter

sample thank you letter

this thank you letter from

Thank you letter from Jackie
ChrisNM
Apr 25, 09:13 AM
It's just the way you are holding your iPhone.
MacBoobsPro
Aug 2, 11:16 AM
Apple's been so boring this year, with a bluetooth might mouse just about the most exciting release thus far... I have expectations Apple, don't let me dont please
Erm... did you miss the whole Intel thing? :rolleyes:
Erm... did you miss the whole Intel thing? :rolleyes:
ViviUO
Apr 23, 07:08 PM
I really REALLY hope they do not use that ugly picture as the default background when Lion is retail.
Akme
Mar 30, 08:10 PM
Still downloading (10 more hours to go)...
Those who experienced non-quitting iCal in DP1, can you quit it in DP2?
Also, can the Launchpad icon be dragged out of the dock?
Please, say 'yes' to the above 2 questions. :o
Yes to both!
Those who experienced non-quitting iCal in DP1, can you quit it in DP2?
Also, can the Launchpad icon be dragged out of the dock?
Please, say 'yes' to the above 2 questions. :o
Yes to both!
Consultant
Apr 18, 03:37 PM
Dang it!
Ya'll beat me too it.
It's nice to know though, that there are some at Macrumors that actually KNOW where Apple got most of their "innovation" from.
And I hope no one goes mentioning the Newton . . . when a simple Wikipedia search will do.
Show me something that works as well BEFORE Apple demoed the iPhone.
Technology =/= usability.
If you hate Apple then why are you doing here?
Ya'll beat me too it.
It's nice to know though, that there are some at Macrumors that actually KNOW where Apple got most of their "innovation" from.
And I hope no one goes mentioning the Newton . . . when a simple Wikipedia search will do.
Show me something that works as well BEFORE Apple demoed the iPhone.
Technology =/= usability.
If you hate Apple then why are you doing here?
aldejesus
Mar 30, 08:50 PM
Installed fine on mine.
Thanks, will install as soon as the download finish.
Thanks, will install as soon as the download finish.
SactoGuy18
Mar 30, 07:16 AM
I think a major concern for Apple right now is the possibility they may have NO products to sell by July 2011 for many of their product lines due to the lack of parts coming from Japan. I wouldn't be surprised that Apple may have to aim for a November 2011 simultaneous launch of the iPhone 5, 5G iPod touch and 7G iPod nano so they can assure themselves of supplies of the right parts from manufacturers in South Korea and China for Foxconn.
CalBoy
Mar 27, 01:11 AM
Pushing the iPhone 5, along with iOS 5, to the fall really wouldn't surprise me at all. In fact it would seem a little weird if Apple were to finally release a white iPhone 4 and then release an iPhone 5 a month or two later... even if they have constantly kept "last years" model around at a discount previously. Maybe the white iPhone will be and iPhone 5...
The more probable result is that the white iPhone 4 will simply never be.
By this time, Foxconn is most likely shifting production of the iPhone 4 for the $99 price point and gearing up to produce lots of iPhone 5s for the summer.
I'm starting to wonder if a Iphone 5 is even going to come out this year i mean with the Verizon IPhone launched in February "kinda close to June - July IMO" so they might wait tell june of next year where we get AT&T and a Verizon IPhone upgrades.
Most of the iPhone's sales come from outside the United States, where GSM is the standard. Apple can't afford to lag behind other companies in those international markets so they will most likely not slip on shipping the iPhone 5 to much later than the previous models' date.
The more probable result is that the white iPhone 4 will simply never be.
By this time, Foxconn is most likely shifting production of the iPhone 4 for the $99 price point and gearing up to produce lots of iPhone 5s for the summer.
I'm starting to wonder if a Iphone 5 is even going to come out this year i mean with the Verizon IPhone launched in February "kinda close to June - July IMO" so they might wait tell june of next year where we get AT&T and a Verizon IPhone upgrades.
Most of the iPhone's sales come from outside the United States, where GSM is the standard. Apple can't afford to lag behind other companies in those international markets so they will most likely not slip on shipping the iPhone 5 to much later than the previous models' date.
LobsterDK
Apr 24, 02:04 AM
I'm not impressed if this is where the iMac display is potentially going , the current GPUs can barely drive the resolutions they have now in anything other than simple desktop apps . , can you imagine what video card you would need to drive a game (say portal 2 which has low to modest requirements) at 30fps + on a screen with 3200 or higher resloution ? Well whatever that GPU is , apple will ship with the one released 2 years ago and half the RAM it shipped with on the PC .
I love the mac OS , I love the mac design , I hate the "last years tech with a shiney shell" we seem to have to put up with , super high res screens and faster I/O ports are all well and good , but put a decent GPU in now the mac is becoming a contender as a home gaming platform .
Think I ranted a bit then , sorry :rolleyes:
Desktop rendering performance at a retina display resolution would not be an issue with any modern Mac that shipped with a retina display. As for games, you do not have to render the game at the native screen resolution. The OS X implementation will almost certainly be the same as the iOS implementation. That is, a doubling of the vertical and horizontal resolution.
A game running on a 3840x2160 retina display can render at 1920x1080. No filtering need be applied by the monitor as it is an exact multiple in each direction. A 1920x1080 output resolution from a game would look exactly the same on a 3840x2160 display as it would on a 1920x1080 display. Every 1 pixel in the rendered image would take up 4 pixels on the higher res display. You can test this out on your Mac now with any game that allows you to select a resolution that is half the vertical/horizontal resolution of your current monitor. That is assuming the display is not stupid enough to filter resolutions that are an even division of it's native resolution. Most won't apply any filtering in those cases.
I love the mac OS , I love the mac design , I hate the "last years tech with a shiney shell" we seem to have to put up with , super high res screens and faster I/O ports are all well and good , but put a decent GPU in now the mac is becoming a contender as a home gaming platform .
Think I ranted a bit then , sorry :rolleyes:
Desktop rendering performance at a retina display resolution would not be an issue with any modern Mac that shipped with a retina display. As for games, you do not have to render the game at the native screen resolution. The OS X implementation will almost certainly be the same as the iOS implementation. That is, a doubling of the vertical and horizontal resolution.
A game running on a 3840x2160 retina display can render at 1920x1080. No filtering need be applied by the monitor as it is an exact multiple in each direction. A 1920x1080 output resolution from a game would look exactly the same on a 3840x2160 display as it would on a 1920x1080 display. Every 1 pixel in the rendered image would take up 4 pixels on the higher res display. You can test this out on your Mac now with any game that allows you to select a resolution that is half the vertical/horizontal resolution of your current monitor. That is assuming the display is not stupid enough to filter resolutions that are an even division of it's native resolution. Most won't apply any filtering in those cases.
dukebound85
Apr 10, 06:42 PM
If you have a big refund, it means that you pay too much, so you are not being very good at your day to day application of math.
Yea, I know if you receive a refund, you gave the gov't an interest free loan and all that. I was just making light of the topic.....as most people like to get an unexpected amt back vs owe..even if it isn't the smartest in terms of financial sense for them
Also when you say American do you refer to any citizen in the American continent or just the people that was born in the United States of America.
What do you think in the context I had written it?
Yea, I know if you receive a refund, you gave the gov't an interest free loan and all that. I was just making light of the topic.....as most people like to get an unexpected amt back vs owe..even if it isn't the smartest in terms of financial sense for them
Also when you say American do you refer to any citizen in the American continent or just the people that was born in the United States of America.
What do you think in the context I had written it?
mdntcallr
Jul 23, 02:33 PM
I'll get a MBP once Apple or someone else figures out how to make them work on an air flight. There is no Empower solution and the draw of 85w exceeds the juice (75w) that the seatside powerports provide. It's amazing this is even an issue in a "pro" line of portables - let alone from Apple. No 3rd party solutions solve this isssue.
This is a big issue for me also. I can't believe they havent released a air/auto power adapter yet for the magsafe power design.
APPLE WAKE UP!!! i want to upgrade from my powerbook, but need this!
This is a big issue for me also. I can't believe they havent released a air/auto power adapter yet for the magsafe power design.
APPLE WAKE UP!!! i want to upgrade from my powerbook, but need this!
maril1111
Dec 15, 04:47 AM
whats better sophos or kaspersky for mac?
snberk103
May 6, 07:11 PM
Originally Posted by snberk103
You are entirely correct. There is really nothing that will make the daily life of an American citizen better 'cause their can of Bud is 331ml, or their corn-beef sandwich has 125gs of beef, and 12ml of mustard on two slices of rye, each 115mm thick.
Quite frankly I really don't understand why this attitude is necessary. Have I been rude or condescending towards you in this discussion? Has anyone else in this thread?
I think the most insulting part is that you couldn't even make a coherent point with this sarcasm. Are you trying to poke fun at random numbers in the imperial system? Arbitrary values in general? Americans who eat roast beef?
What sarcasm? I was being quite serious. I actually and honestly agree with you that it won't make the vast majority of anyone's life easier if they use metric. I was being a little silly with the numbers, true... but it was not meant as sarcasm. I was born in the US, and was there until I was in grade 5. I moved to Canada when it was still using Imperial measures. And I mean the real Imperial, as in British Empire, not the slightly different American versions. And you are entirely correct - I coped just fine with gallons and ounces, feet and miles, etc etc. The biggest problem I had was converting from Imperial to American gallons/quarts/pints - and trying to figure out if my measuring cup was made in the Canada - i.e. true Imperial, or in the USA. And if it was made in the USA, was it calibrated in American sized units or was it calibrated for export and in true Imperial. As a photographer mixing up developers, fixers, etc, these questions were important. I swapped to metric volumes soon as I could for this reason - not because I couldn't work in ounces, etc.
Oh you mean how you still have a queen as your sovereign? Or how you mandate bilingual education for a stark minority of French Canadians? Or how the United Kingdom still has an unwritten constitution? Or how half of Europe still has an official state church? Or how the French presume guilt rather than innocence? Or how Italy is still run by political machines?
Guilty as charged... though we like to think being bilingual is a good and modern thing. We also have quarter of our population that hasn't signed onto our constitution (unlike the UK, we at least wrote ours down - we just don't yet have it fully ratified yet - sigh)
Modernity is always a hindsight judgment. What should matter is if the system is not working for the people who use it. With private industries transitioning manufacturing to metric, the biggest argument in favor of the metric system is moot. The question then comes down to whether or not you are better positioned to judge what other people need or want.
Yes, I was poking some buttons there. It's one that is sure to get most Americans into a lather, too. My point about the "claiming to be modern", is that the USA spends a lot of time telling the rest of the world how great it is...and it is in many ways, no argument. But there are some areas where the rest of world is, um, "greater." (Tongue In Cheek!) It is annoying to the rest of the world when Americans travel and think our metric signage is "quaint"... (First hand experience). I believe that, by definition, it's not our signage that is quaint. :)
ps.... one of the defining characteristics of being Canadian is our smugness. Deserved or not, we already know it.
You are entirely correct. There is really nothing that will make the daily life of an American citizen better 'cause their can of Bud is 331ml, or their corn-beef sandwich has 125gs of beef, and 12ml of mustard on two slices of rye, each 115mm thick.
Quite frankly I really don't understand why this attitude is necessary. Have I been rude or condescending towards you in this discussion? Has anyone else in this thread?
I think the most insulting part is that you couldn't even make a coherent point with this sarcasm. Are you trying to poke fun at random numbers in the imperial system? Arbitrary values in general? Americans who eat roast beef?
What sarcasm? I was being quite serious. I actually and honestly agree with you that it won't make the vast majority of anyone's life easier if they use metric. I was being a little silly with the numbers, true... but it was not meant as sarcasm. I was born in the US, and was there until I was in grade 5. I moved to Canada when it was still using Imperial measures. And I mean the real Imperial, as in British Empire, not the slightly different American versions. And you are entirely correct - I coped just fine with gallons and ounces, feet and miles, etc etc. The biggest problem I had was converting from Imperial to American gallons/quarts/pints - and trying to figure out if my measuring cup was made in the Canada - i.e. true Imperial, or in the USA. And if it was made in the USA, was it calibrated in American sized units or was it calibrated for export and in true Imperial. As a photographer mixing up developers, fixers, etc, these questions were important. I swapped to metric volumes soon as I could for this reason - not because I couldn't work in ounces, etc.
Oh you mean how you still have a queen as your sovereign? Or how you mandate bilingual education for a stark minority of French Canadians? Or how the United Kingdom still has an unwritten constitution? Or how half of Europe still has an official state church? Or how the French presume guilt rather than innocence? Or how Italy is still run by political machines?
Guilty as charged... though we like to think being bilingual is a good and modern thing. We also have quarter of our population that hasn't signed onto our constitution (unlike the UK, we at least wrote ours down - we just don't yet have it fully ratified yet - sigh)
Modernity is always a hindsight judgment. What should matter is if the system is not working for the people who use it. With private industries transitioning manufacturing to metric, the biggest argument in favor of the metric system is moot. The question then comes down to whether or not you are better positioned to judge what other people need or want.
Yes, I was poking some buttons there. It's one that is sure to get most Americans into a lather, too. My point about the "claiming to be modern", is that the USA spends a lot of time telling the rest of the world how great it is...and it is in many ways, no argument. But there are some areas where the rest of world is, um, "greater." (Tongue In Cheek!) It is annoying to the rest of the world when Americans travel and think our metric signage is "quaint"... (First hand experience). I believe that, by definition, it's not our signage that is quaint. :)
ps.... one of the defining characteristics of being Canadian is our smugness. Deserved or not, we already know it.
err404
Apr 5, 04:30 PM
Android is still open... They are just going to be much more tighter on what Products qualify to get the google Logo and the android name.
I mostly agree. The design philosophy will leave it more open then iOS, but the reality for most users is that their subsidized handsets are compromised in openness. Without rooting, functions like tethering or updated ROMs require carrier approval. At the same time rooting itself is discouraged or prevented by most manufactures (rather, they are trying to prevent). Even Google themselves require specific standards be met for access to critical closed apps like the Market Place. Android isn't very compelling w/o Google's closed source apps like Nav.
It's more then the logo and name. The core Android experience all but requires manufactures sacrificing control to Google.
I mostly agree. The design philosophy will leave it more open then iOS, but the reality for most users is that their subsidized handsets are compromised in openness. Without rooting, functions like tethering or updated ROMs require carrier approval. At the same time rooting itself is discouraged or prevented by most manufactures (rather, they are trying to prevent). Even Google themselves require specific standards be met for access to critical closed apps like the Market Place. Android isn't very compelling w/o Google's closed source apps like Nav.
It's more then the logo and name. The core Android experience all but requires manufactures sacrificing control to Google.
Noodlefarmer
Apr 26, 02:39 PM
"15.5" Vaio: 2.4Ghz Core i5, 4gb of Ram, Radeon 5470 512mb $860 Aug/2010. A mac with similar specs, and a weaker GPU would have cost me around a $1,000 extra, so I've been Apple free since Aug 2010.
And yet you can't stay away.
Sad.
And yet you can't stay away.
Sad.
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar