gavers
Mar 31, 09:21 AM
They sold well over 1 million desktops/workstation units last quarter and will surpass that quite handily this quarter.
Over 4 million.
Source: http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2011/01/18results.html
Over 4 million.
Source: http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2011/01/18results.html
iJohnHenry
Apr 9, 07:19 PM
Do you really think the answer is 2? lol.
Yes, if you assume the (9+3) is a power.
No, if you assume there is a fantom multiplier between the 2 and the (9+3).
It's a loaded question, due to incomplete specifications, yet again.
Takes me back to my User days. Kill them all!!! :mad:
Yes, if you assume the (9+3) is a power.
No, if you assume there is a fantom multiplier between the 2 and the (9+3).
It's a loaded question, due to incomplete specifications, yet again.
Takes me back to my User days. Kill them all!!! :mad:
McGiord
May 6, 10:48 AM
They do actually call them Quarter Pounder's in Australia. And they insist on calling the chips 'fries' too! :rolleyes:
Come to think of it� isn't it a bit odd that Americans attribute 'fries' to the French, but refuse to adopt their metric system? Go figure.
Well they are not really french:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_fries
Come to think of it� isn't it a bit odd that Americans attribute 'fries' to the French, but refuse to adopt their metric system? Go figure.
Well they are not really french:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_fries
farmboy
Apr 21, 03:38 PM
I hope so, it would give confidence amongst "Mac Shops" that Apple is serious about its corporate / pro business.
That's right, even if Apple never makes it into big enterprise, I think there's a lot of money to be made serving small business, and a little attention would pay off for everybody.
That's right, even if Apple never makes it into big enterprise, I think there's a lot of money to be made serving small business, and a little attention would pay off for everybody.
Eidorian
Jul 21, 02:20 PM
This may be a dumb question, but why would apple just use the new chips in mbp's and not the mb? Dosn't seem to make sense. As soon as core 2 merom comes out every pc notebook will have it. Price wouldn't be an issue cause merom is same price as yonah, correct?The MBP is a PRO model. They can keep Yonah (Which is fast enough mind you) and still speed bump it/lower the price some more.
I don't think we'll see these at WWDC unless there are other substantial changes. Going from a Yonah to a Merom chip may be great news, but it's hardly something Steve can crow about on stage. "Here's the new macbook pro... it looks and functions exactly like the old one, but 20% faster. Um, yeah. You already know all about the macbook pro, so there's really nothing else for me to say, is there?"
I expect we will see mac pros and leopard demo'ed at WWDC, plus the usual talk about how well apple is doing, etc. Maybe some talk about pro apps because it's a developer's conference. MAYBE a new ipod (nano) just because it's such big news, even tho it's not really for developers.
But as far as new MBPs go, I'd expect a quiet announcement some tuesday in the relatively near future.So new iMacs next Tuesday? :eek:
I do agree that the new Pro towers need a much more proper launch while the other lines can just get a shiny new Core 2 Duo logo on their site and an update to Apple's Intel page.
I posted this very early on:

White House Replica in

#39;Little White House#39; replica

The replica White House,

Real-Life White House Replica You Can Actually Live In

Reebok NFL Equipment Atlanta

We hit up the #39;White House#39;. Nov 30, 2009 10:42 AM. Roddy White talks to Jay about Vick#39;s return to Atlanta and why Tiger Woods really has to watch his back

The White House in Atlanta

$59.99. Atlanta Falcons 2 Matt

7-16 Replica Atlanta

Atlanta#39;s Oldest House

The theme for the White House

There is also a replica of

The house is a replica

Historic Atlanta Fulton Ckunty
I don't think we'll see these at WWDC unless there are other substantial changes. Going from a Yonah to a Merom chip may be great news, but it's hardly something Steve can crow about on stage. "Here's the new macbook pro... it looks and functions exactly like the old one, but 20% faster. Um, yeah. You already know all about the macbook pro, so there's really nothing else for me to say, is there?"
I expect we will see mac pros and leopard demo'ed at WWDC, plus the usual talk about how well apple is doing, etc. Maybe some talk about pro apps because it's a developer's conference. MAYBE a new ipod (nano) just because it's such big news, even tho it's not really for developers.
But as far as new MBPs go, I'd expect a quiet announcement some tuesday in the relatively near future.So new iMacs next Tuesday? :eek:
I do agree that the new Pro towers need a much more proper launch while the other lines can just get a shiny new Core 2 Duo logo on their site and an update to Apple's Intel page.
I posted this very early on:
HecubusPro
Sep 16, 11:53 AM
Congratulations! You have just provided a second independent source of unnatural delay proving Apple is already manufacturing Merom C2D MBPs and that 17" models will ship behind 15" models by a week Monday October 2.
As long as they at least announce the 17" MBP C2D, I'll be happy, even if it isn't immediately available.
As long as they at least announce the 17" MBP C2D, I'll be happy, even if it isn't immediately available.
twoodcc
Aug 2, 11:47 PM
Sorry. That was not the intent of my meaning. I agree with you. But now that Core 2 are shipping, the 64-bit character of this new generation of processors will in the long term make a difference in the OS as well as in the Pro apps. There are also large energy management differences between Yonah and Merom giving the portables noticably longer battery life immediately.
well i agree that 64-bit is something, but considering you can't put more than 4 GB of RAM in a Macbook now anyways, it's not going to help that much.(i know i'm just using the Macbook as an example) and by the time you need 64-bit because of software, it'll probably be time for a new computer anyways.....right?
well i agree that 64-bit is something, but considering you can't put more than 4 GB of RAM in a Macbook now anyways, it's not going to help that much.(i know i'm just using the Macbook as an example) and by the time you need 64-bit because of software, it'll probably be time for a new computer anyways.....right?
Thunderhawks
Apr 6, 08:25 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)
The jailbreak haters make me laugh. My phone works just fine and while I do use a bit more memory, it's perfectly stable and I get a phone with far more utility. Any resultant perfomance issues are so negligible stock is not even competition.
I understand some people bite off more than they can chew when they JB. I also know that scenario doesn't apply to everyone.
While I am not a jailbreak hater (do as you please:-), I am wondering why people buy a product that is not perfect for them and then change it.
My point is that if it works fine, but if it doesn't work don't go and blame Apple or use their services for FREE to restore your messed up device.
I have been able to help people restore several JB ipods (kids in school).
Most of these were about eye candy or screen looks, wallpapers.
Something I don't need, but to each her/his own.
I liken JB to somebody buying a car and then going under the hood and change things in the way the motor works, so they can add boosters, compression changers, modify valves and ignition features or similar stuff.
When it then croaks out they blame the car manufacturer.
Always blaming somebody else seems to be the norm a lot these days.
Luckily JB people can restore their devices. If that was not possible JB would not be happening.
Maybe Apple should be looking into blocking restoring? I am sure they can come up with a way that JB would be recognized.
The jailbreak haters make me laugh. My phone works just fine and while I do use a bit more memory, it's perfectly stable and I get a phone with far more utility. Any resultant perfomance issues are so negligible stock is not even competition.
I understand some people bite off more than they can chew when they JB. I also know that scenario doesn't apply to everyone.
While I am not a jailbreak hater (do as you please:-), I am wondering why people buy a product that is not perfect for them and then change it.
My point is that if it works fine, but if it doesn't work don't go and blame Apple or use their services for FREE to restore your messed up device.
I have been able to help people restore several JB ipods (kids in school).
Most of these were about eye candy or screen looks, wallpapers.
Something I don't need, but to each her/his own.
I liken JB to somebody buying a car and then going under the hood and change things in the way the motor works, so they can add boosters, compression changers, modify valves and ignition features or similar stuff.
When it then croaks out they blame the car manufacturer.
Always blaming somebody else seems to be the norm a lot these days.
Luckily JB people can restore their devices. If that was not possible JB would not be happening.
Maybe Apple should be looking into blocking restoring? I am sure they can come up with a way that JB would be recognized.
dj2mc
Nov 26, 01:12 PM
To lay down some feedback of my own, I have used Sophos for a while and I am very pleased with it. I had Clam XAV for the longest time, and to be honest I never felt very safe w/ it because it never had the image of it was even scanning legibly, sometimes it would pop up with scan errors, corrupt updates, etc. The list goes on... Sophos is a prime example of an AV that has characteristics that others are missing. It's stable, fast, reliable and ultimately gives you the best protection because it's always scanning, and always searching the file you open each time. What more can you want?
So, I tip my hat off to Sophos
So, I tip my hat off to Sophos
strider42
Apr 18, 03:51 PM
They have patents but they HAVE to pursue infringers or they can lose the rights to the patents. That's why you see so many patent lawsuits. Unfortunately, that's just how the system works (in very basic terms).
You're thinking of trademark law. Patents are awarded for a specific period of time. You can't lose them just because you don't defend them. You can sue at any time.
Its only trademarks that you have to protect in order to keep them.
You see so many patent lawsuits because there's money in it and to stifle competition. There is no other reason.
You're thinking of trademark law. Patents are awarded for a specific period of time. You can't lose them just because you don't defend them. You can sue at any time.
Its only trademarks that you have to protect in order to keep them.
You see so many patent lawsuits because there's money in it and to stifle competition. There is no other reason.
netdog
Jul 30, 03:23 AM
If Apple get it right it will be the fashion phone of choice.
What will be really great is that, in addition to the above, something that is the critical factor as it was with iPod, it will also sync beautifully with Apple contacts, calendars, etc., driving more people to purchase Apple computers, even though I do expect that they will also bundle a nice piece of Windows software (a must).
Apples are already climbing in sales and many of my Windows-using friends are considering Macs for the first time now, not because of all the stuff endlessly debated here, but rather because the iMac and MacBooks are so bitchin'.
Steve Jobs is indeed finally capitalizing on "taste", an obcession of his from the early days. He was right when he said in the 80s that "the problem with Microsoft is that they have no taste. I mean that in a big sense." Now his company is poised to take a large portion of Microsoft's sales by exploiting that vulnerability.
People aren't realizing that OS X is better. They are falling in love with the new stylish Macs, obscure objects of desire. The fact that they are getting better and better, and that they are making a line of easily interoperable products (much more of this to come in the coming 12 months - media center, phone, and maybe even a UPMC) that just make life easier is just a plus that will help to sustain the brand.
Sharp. LOL.
What will be really great is that, in addition to the above, something that is the critical factor as it was with iPod, it will also sync beautifully with Apple contacts, calendars, etc., driving more people to purchase Apple computers, even though I do expect that they will also bundle a nice piece of Windows software (a must).
Apples are already climbing in sales and many of my Windows-using friends are considering Macs for the first time now, not because of all the stuff endlessly debated here, but rather because the iMac and MacBooks are so bitchin'.
Steve Jobs is indeed finally capitalizing on "taste", an obcession of his from the early days. He was right when he said in the 80s that "the problem with Microsoft is that they have no taste. I mean that in a big sense." Now his company is poised to take a large portion of Microsoft's sales by exploiting that vulnerability.
People aren't realizing that OS X is better. They are falling in love with the new stylish Macs, obscure objects of desire. The fact that they are getting better and better, and that they are making a line of easily interoperable products (much more of this to come in the coming 12 months - media center, phone, and maybe even a UPMC) that just make life easier is just a plus that will help to sustain the brand.
Sharp. LOL.
dukebound85
May 2, 07:56 PM
According to this article (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metrication_in_the_United_States#20th_century), the metric system was supposed to be almost fully implemented in the US by 2000, but because of a lack of enough public and government support through the 70s-90s the program essentially got shut down.
As an engineering student, I hope we will switch soon. The metric system makes so much more sense and is far easier to learn. Even for more common measurements (How many teaspoons/tablespoons in a cup again? Yards in a mile?), SI is a far superior system.
I think the biggest obstacle right now is the older generations who have grown up with imperial units and don't want to learn a new system. It should at least be taught equally in schools so a future switch won't cause as much resistance.
SI is superior in conversions only
Imperial is superior as I actually have a feel for the numbers
As an engineering student, I hope we will switch soon. The metric system makes so much more sense and is far easier to learn. Even for more common measurements (How many teaspoons/tablespoons in a cup again? Yards in a mile?), SI is a far superior system.
I think the biggest obstacle right now is the older generations who have grown up with imperial units and don't want to learn a new system. It should at least be taught equally in schools so a future switch won't cause as much resistance.
SI is superior in conversions only
Imperial is superior as I actually have a feel for the numbers
richard.mac
Apr 9, 08:50 PM
also with problems like this you can work out how large the answer might be before calculating, 48/2 is a double digit number and multiplying that by a number wont give 2
lkrupp
Apr 26, 02:26 PM
I really hope that Apple sees trends like this and realizes it's time to change their game plan. No more once a year phones. Time to kick the innovation level up a few notches. Time for over the air OS updates, over the air app installs, wireless syncing and everything else Android has offered for some time now.
Baloney on so many levels. Apple doesn't need to be like Android to succeed unless you define success as market share. Market share means nothing if you have the margins like Apple does. Fake Steve Jobs (Dan Lyons) said it best last year. To paraphrase, "In three years Android will be huge but we will still have the better business." And if you want to equate market share to developer interest, well, there are articles all over today announcing that developer interest in Android is waning because of fragmentation and tablets while interest in iOS is rising.
So what's better? More people using your product than the other guy's or having sustainable growth and good profits year in and year out?
Baloney on so many levels. Apple doesn't need to be like Android to succeed unless you define success as market share. Market share means nothing if you have the margins like Apple does. Fake Steve Jobs (Dan Lyons) said it best last year. To paraphrase, "In three years Android will be huge but we will still have the better business." And if you want to equate market share to developer interest, well, there are articles all over today announcing that developer interest in Android is waning because of fragmentation and tablets while interest in iOS is rising.
So what's better? More people using your product than the other guy's or having sustainable growth and good profits year in and year out?
darrens
Aug 4, 07:47 AM
I might be excited about this if the chips would run Adobe and Macromedia programs.
Isn't that what Rosetta is for :p :D
Hardly Apple's fault. Apple has managed to transition all it's apps - Adobe is certainly dragging their collective feet.
Isn't that what Rosetta is for :p :D
Hardly Apple's fault. Apple has managed to transition all it's apps - Adobe is certainly dragging their collective feet.
twoodcc
Aug 2, 01:50 PM
i can't wait!! and it's gonna be so hard buying a Macbook tomorrow and not being able to open it til the 7th!
stevehp
Sep 10, 11:20 PM
Did they used to have a live stream of the keynote? Does that happen anymore? How soon do we find out the products on tuesday? Thanks!
mambodancer
Mar 27, 09:16 AM
I didnt realize a release date was set:cool:
It wasn't. This is just a made up story.
In fact, I have it on good authority that there most definitely will not be an iPad 3 released until next year. It comes from the same person that makes this other stuff up.
Actually, given the supply constraints of just display parts (which impact all manufacturers), the popularity of the existing iPad 2 and the indications that Apple may start paying its suppliers more for parts to insure it can manufacture existing product, there is no reason for Apple to come out with an iPad 3 this year. That's just made up BS.
It wasn't. This is just a made up story.
In fact, I have it on good authority that there most definitely will not be an iPad 3 released until next year. It comes from the same person that makes this other stuff up.
Actually, given the supply constraints of just display parts (which impact all manufacturers), the popularity of the existing iPad 2 and the indications that Apple may start paying its suppliers more for parts to insure it can manufacture existing product, there is no reason for Apple to come out with an iPad 3 this year. That's just made up BS.
Peace
Sep 11, 10:03 AM
10.4.8 will be a necessary update for what's released tomorrow.
At least if one wishes to buy it and use it.So 10.4.8 will be out in the next couple of days.
At least if one wishes to buy it and use it.So 10.4.8 will be out in the next couple of days.
archipellago
Apr 26, 04:29 PM
What makes a product "Best" in its category is defined by different people differently. For some people "best" is a free phone because they can't afford anything else. Some people pour over the specs and select the "best".
For me, "best" is the phone that operates the most intuitively to my way of thinking. I want something that I don't need to refer back to the manual to use its features. My Android Incredible came with a 8" x 11", 73 page manual that I need to use to operate the phone... that fact speaks volumes to what separates the Android from the "best."
or perchance your overall level of intelligence..?
Any normal person (i.e. with thumbs) can use Android or iOS well within a day.
For me, "best" is the phone that operates the most intuitively to my way of thinking. I want something that I don't need to refer back to the manual to use its features. My Android Incredible came with a 8" x 11", 73 page manual that I need to use to operate the phone... that fact speaks volumes to what separates the Android from the "best."
or perchance your overall level of intelligence..?
Any normal person (i.e. with thumbs) can use Android or iOS well within a day.
Stella
Apr 5, 03:36 PM
You can nit-pick it all you want. $99 is nothing for a quality program like what Apple offers to developers. Plus, you can still get the SDK for free. You can still develop for free. It's just if you want "in" on the AppStore and other resources, you pay. So... again... what's the beef?
Didn't you understand "I'm not paying $99 to be able to use my own applications on my own device, on a yearly basis"? :-) EDIT: OK maybe this a bit harsh.. so... i'll expand:
Sure you can offically freely develop iPhone applications, but only targeted towards the Simulator - not a device. You need to pay $99 to put the applications on a real device.
Sure - if I wanted to develop applications for the iOS AppStore I'd have no problems with paying Apple $99.
There are plenty of forums besides the IDP developer forums for Cocoa Touch help. I don't need the other Apple paid for resources.
Didn't you understand "I'm not paying $99 to be able to use my own applications on my own device, on a yearly basis"? :-) EDIT: OK maybe this a bit harsh.. so... i'll expand:
Sure you can offically freely develop iPhone applications, but only targeted towards the Simulator - not a device. You need to pay $99 to put the applications on a real device.
Sure - if I wanted to develop applications for the iOS AppStore I'd have no problems with paying Apple $99.
There are plenty of forums besides the IDP developer forums for Cocoa Touch help. I don't need the other Apple paid for resources.
LagunaSol
Apr 25, 09:04 AM
Maybe you could shed some light on this for me before I switch to a Droid. They don't track me.
LOL at Android users naive enough to think their "free" OS, funded by targeted advertising, isn't collecting user data.
LOL at Android users naive enough to think their "free" OS, funded by targeted advertising, isn't collecting user data.
R0bert
Nov 23, 04:55 PM
http://aycu26.webshots.com/image/6825/2003902622332125549_rs.jpg
cybrscot
Apr 6, 02:38 AM
Interesting indeed!
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar