silentnite
Apr 24, 11:14 AM
This is good news with the new imacs on the way this should tie everything together nicely.
rumplestiltskin
Nov 26, 01:04 PM
Not mentioned in any of the speculation (but I'll put money on it):
eBook reader. If Apple can manage some arrangements with the textbook publishers, this would move Apple back into the driver's seat in the Education market.
:D
eBook reader. If Apple can manage some arrangements with the textbook publishers, this would move Apple back into the driver's seat in the Education market.
:D
kenaustus
Aug 11, 11:25 AM
I believe that the only reason why Apple has not made a full transition to Core 2 is the lack of sufficient supply from Intel. As soon as they have the inventory they will stop ordering Core and move fully to Core 2.
In terms of MB and MBP, the performance difference will be related to graphics - integrated -v- a graphics board. The MBP will also have the larger display size, lighted keyboard, etc. to place them "above" the MB.
The issue for Apple is not the difference between the MB & MBP, but the competitive position of the two in the general notebook market. Moving fully to Core 2 keeps both notebooks at the top of their market segments in terms of processors - not a bad idea since the costs of the new Core 2s is very similar to the costs they paid for Cores.
In terms of MB and MBP, the performance difference will be related to graphics - integrated -v- a graphics board. The MBP will also have the larger display size, lighted keyboard, etc. to place them "above" the MB.
The issue for Apple is not the difference between the MB & MBP, but the competitive position of the two in the general notebook market. Moving fully to Core 2 keeps both notebooks at the top of their market segments in terms of processors - not a bad idea since the costs of the new Core 2s is very similar to the costs they paid for Cores.
mr.steevo
Mar 29, 09:00 PM
Problem is, as I said before, Apple sells worldwide. And most of the world couldn't possibly care less if a product is made in the USA or in Japan. We want it to be as good as it is now, at the best price. America can't do that, can it? Prince increase = sales decrease.
Yep.
I could care less if something is made in the good 'ole US of A, Japan, China, India, Belgium, Korea, Finland or Tibet.
I don't live there.
What I care about is if it is good quality and is affordable.
Yep.
I could care less if something is made in the good 'ole US of A, Japan, China, India, Belgium, Korea, Finland or Tibet.
I don't live there.
What I care about is if it is good quality and is affordable.
iphone3gs16gb
Mar 26, 09:34 PM
Don't listen to this crap...

MrWinters
May 4, 05:15 PM
they're probably make it that if your hard drive dies, you need to go to the apple store and have them do it. If you don't have apple care, or if ran out, lol enjoy their high prices.
.
qft
.
qft
iFanboy
Mar 30, 05:53 PM
Please bring a huge UI overhaul. Lets see something new.
New UI & Grand features is what is to be expected with this update.
We already know that the aqua look is gone. The ios scrollbar shown on Lion is an example of the aqua leaving for good.
I can see lots of the applications such as Safari, Contacts, Calender, mail, ect is going to get a new look.
Very exciting to know that it's coming out this summer!
I honestly think you'll be disappointed.
There doesn't seem to be any inkling of a UI overhaul for Lion, although some spit polish like scrollbar updates are certainly possible.
Same with iOS5. I'm expecting EVOLUTIONARY rather than revolutionary.
New UI & Grand features is what is to be expected with this update.
We already know that the aqua look is gone. The ios scrollbar shown on Lion is an example of the aqua leaving for good.
I can see lots of the applications such as Safari, Contacts, Calender, mail, ect is going to get a new look.
Very exciting to know that it's coming out this summer!
I honestly think you'll be disappointed.
There doesn't seem to be any inkling of a UI overhaul for Lion, although some spit polish like scrollbar updates are certainly possible.
Same with iOS5. I'm expecting EVOLUTIONARY rather than revolutionary.
hulugu
Apr 19, 02:08 PM
What does "willing to be convinced" mean? Will you read Human Action by Mises? It's a thousand pages of thoroughly explained economics. You don't have to read the whole thing, just the sections pertaining to monetary policy and taxes.
Well, I'm willing to read about it and really try to understand your point of view.
If you are waiting for a super intelligent, eloquent, and succinct guy to spend a lot of time convincing people on message boards in order to be convinced of anything you don't already believe, you'll never change your mind about anything. From my end, I don't have the wherewithal or inclination to spend more than a few minutes on a post. So you're really only doing yourself a disservice by passively waiting for someone with all the answers- someone who is also willing to spend as much time as necessary to convince a complete stranger who completely disagrees with him.
I thought we were just having a conversation...what I'm really looking for is a succinct argument as a frame for further investigation. I'm not convinced by either "side" here, but I am challenging your assertions because I'm trying to get a stronger sense of your point of view and where its edges are. So, if it feels like I'm picking at you, it's only because I find your arguments interesting and strong enough to be worth chewing on.
Well, I'm willing to read about it and really try to understand your point of view.
If you are waiting for a super intelligent, eloquent, and succinct guy to spend a lot of time convincing people on message boards in order to be convinced of anything you don't already believe, you'll never change your mind about anything. From my end, I don't have the wherewithal or inclination to spend more than a few minutes on a post. So you're really only doing yourself a disservice by passively waiting for someone with all the answers- someone who is also willing to spend as much time as necessary to convince a complete stranger who completely disagrees with him.
I thought we were just having a conversation...what I'm really looking for is a succinct argument as a frame for further investigation. I'm not convinced by either "side" here, but I am challenging your assertions because I'm trying to get a stronger sense of your point of view and where its edges are. So, if it feels like I'm picking at you, it's only because I find your arguments interesting and strong enough to be worth chewing on.
dgree03
Apr 25, 09:19 AM
LOL at Android users naive enough to think their "free" OS, funded by targeted advertising, isn't collecting user data.
Right, and boy is there misinformation being spread right in this thread. Apple is NOT collecting this data, your iPhone is. It goes NOWHERE.
As I said, it isn't even doing that for me as I deleted that file on my Mac. Hey, instead of running around with your hair on fire, just delete that file. Wow, that's easy!
Naah, better to pretend this is one big conspiracy from Apple and spread misinformation. Hey, I know, let me contradict Steve's explicit statements. I sure know who I trust more: anonymous snipers on the Internet over Steve Jobs.
Android is funded by target advertising? I didnt know that, can you provide a link that backs this up?
Right, and boy is there misinformation being spread right in this thread. Apple is NOT collecting this data, your iPhone is. It goes NOWHERE.
As I said, it isn't even doing that for me as I deleted that file on my Mac. Hey, instead of running around with your hair on fire, just delete that file. Wow, that's easy!
Naah, better to pretend this is one big conspiracy from Apple and spread misinformation. Hey, I know, let me contradict Steve's explicit statements. I sure know who I trust more: anonymous snipers on the Internet over Steve Jobs.
Android is funded by target advertising? I didnt know that, can you provide a link that backs this up?
WestonHarvey1
Mar 31, 09:30 AM
What the heck is a "golden master candidate"? Google search only hits on this story and a story about iOS 4.0. As far as I know, Apple doesn't use the term. Someone made it up and ran with it.
It makes no sense. There are Release Candidates, and there are Golden Masters.
It makes no sense. There are Release Candidates, and there are Golden Masters.
Sox
Aug 4, 09:32 AM
What are the odds that Apple Stores will offer to upgrade the Yonah processors in the MacBooks, iMacs, and Minis to the Merom chips (for a fee, of course)?
I'm guessing they won't do this, but I thought I'd ask.
I'm guessing they won't do this, but I thought I'd ask.
IntelliUser
Apr 18, 08:27 AM
Interesting poll by Gallup:
The rich are more likely to think their taxes are too high:
http://sas-origin.onstreammedia.com/origin/gallupinc/GallupSpaces/Production/Cms/POLL/uhn-esomlua_f3iohbzjra.gif
And at the same time that the poor's are too low:
http://sas-origin.onstreammedia.com/origin/gallupinc/GallupSpaces/Production/Cms/POLL/ith4dzc2aemitgufdhpreg.gif
Most Americans think the rich and Corporations pay too little:
http://sas-origin.onstreammedia.com/origin/gallupinc/GallupSpaces/Production/Cms/POLL/_ui1mex8aeyebbczxeehja.gif
http://www.gallup.com/poll/147152/Americans-Split-Whether-Taxes-High.aspx
The rich are more likely to think their taxes are too high:
http://sas-origin.onstreammedia.com/origin/gallupinc/GallupSpaces/Production/Cms/POLL/uhn-esomlua_f3iohbzjra.gif
And at the same time that the poor's are too low:
http://sas-origin.onstreammedia.com/origin/gallupinc/GallupSpaces/Production/Cms/POLL/ith4dzc2aemitgufdhpreg.gif
Most Americans think the rich and Corporations pay too little:
http://sas-origin.onstreammedia.com/origin/gallupinc/GallupSpaces/Production/Cms/POLL/_ui1mex8aeyebbczxeehja.gif
http://www.gallup.com/poll/147152/Americans-Split-Whether-Taxes-High.aspx
Mac-Rumours
May 4, 03:30 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-gb) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/8C148)
Here's my problem with this distribution method for an OS:
I have 4 Macs in my house. Previously, I'd buy a Family License DVD and go from machine to machine installing it.
If I have to DL it from the App Store, I've got to download it 4 times! I don't care about paying for multiple licenses... I do care about blowing out my internet bandwidth downloading the same multi-gigabyte file 4 times. :mad:
There had better be a physical-media option!
Copy it to a USB drive or disc. Why would you keep downloading it?
Here's my problem with this distribution method for an OS:
I have 4 Macs in my house. Previously, I'd buy a Family License DVD and go from machine to machine installing it.
If I have to DL it from the App Store, I've got to download it 4 times! I don't care about paying for multiple licenses... I do care about blowing out my internet bandwidth downloading the same multi-gigabyte file 4 times. :mad:
There had better be a physical-media option!
Copy it to a USB drive or disc. Why would you keep downloading it?
daneoni
Sep 11, 04:51 AM
Its simple.
We get:
MBP updates and maybe MB updates
10.4.8
Movie Store
6G iPod (not touchscreen) & Nano updates
One More Thing....Media streaming device (Cube re-incarnation) or headless tower (unlikely)
Thats it.
We get:
MBP updates and maybe MB updates
10.4.8
Movie Store
6G iPod (not touchscreen) & Nano updates
One More Thing....Media streaming device (Cube re-incarnation) or headless tower (unlikely)
Thats it.
AppleMacDudeG4
May 4, 06:43 PM
While I do enjoy downloading apps from the app store since I get the immediacy of not having to drive to the mall, find a parking space, go to the Apple store and then having to drive back home, I do not like the idea of downloading an entire OS over the Internet. The size of the file would mean several hours waiting.
I rather just have a DVD that I can reuse if something goes wrong.
I rather just have a DVD that I can reuse if something goes wrong.

Eldiablojoe
May 4, 08:59 PM
I'm going to go wayyyyyy out on the proverbial limb here and suggest that since mscriv knows the full map at the outset of the game, that he's going to pretty much lay traps or monsters in each or every other room we enter- especially the ones where there is only one door for us to enter into another room.
Perhaps we should reconsider the splitting up or else we will be picked off one at a time.
Thoughts? I'm just musing out loud. I'm sure my darling Beatrice will correct me or tell me what my thoughts should be anyhow. :p
Perhaps we should reconsider the splitting up or else we will be picked off one at a time.
Thoughts? I'm just musing out loud. I'm sure my darling Beatrice will correct me or tell me what my thoughts should be anyhow. :p
LightSpeed1
Apr 5, 01:54 PM
I knew that was coming.
mdriftmeyer
Nov 23, 01:36 PM
Apple doesn't need to deliver a revolutionary phone-like device to grab marketshare. It's more about integrating a device within the system... and that is something Apple is good at.
Phones, new features, and additional functionality are a dime-a-dozen. New bells and whistles are added all the time, that's not what the market needs. Someone (hopefully Apple!) needs to take some of these advancements and deliver a products that integrates them in a logical and intuative way.
I second this insight. The market has been exposed to the gimmicks and now that the package has worn thin they are looking for an intuitive, durable and reliable phone that has some features you'd expect in a computer but mostly a phone that can be used with any carrier and doesn't need to be updated every 9 months.
Phones, new features, and additional functionality are a dime-a-dozen. New bells and whistles are added all the time, that's not what the market needs. Someone (hopefully Apple!) needs to take some of these advancements and deliver a products that integrates them in a logical and intuative way.
I second this insight. The market has been exposed to the gimmicks and now that the package has worn thin they are looking for an intuitive, durable and reliable phone that has some features you'd expect in a computer but mostly a phone that can be used with any carrier and doesn't need to be updated every 9 months.
mrkramer
Apr 16, 01:04 PM
And when money is in a bank, the bank can loan an entrepreneur money to start a business that hires people. If the money is invested, it will provide capital for a business to expand. If $1 dollar is consumed, one person can have a candy bar. If $1 is saved, $10 will go towards a small business that might provide a continual source of income and services for many people.
but if nobody spends to buy that small business's product, how will it survive? Yes you need some saving, but spending is equally important. What we should have done was saved while the economy was going good and we could afford to have that money sitting on the sides and now that the economy is bad we should be spending to restart it. Of course the Republicans were irresponsible with their spending under Bush so now we don't have that money we should have saved to fall back on.
but if nobody spends to buy that small business's product, how will it survive? Yes you need some saving, but spending is equally important. What we should have done was saved while the economy was going good and we could afford to have that money sitting on the sides and now that the economy is bad we should be spending to restart it. Of course the Republicans were irresponsible with their spending under Bush so now we don't have that money we should have saved to fall back on.
hyperpasta
Jul 21, 01:53 PM
Niice. I would assume that they forgo using the 2.0 GHz chip though. Right now, their lineup is pretty solid using two different speeds. Unless the modify the structure of the lineup (as in lower prices), I think it would make sense.
DISCOMUNICATION
Aug 7, 10:45 PM
Has Apple given their ID department the year off? Or have the reassigned everyone to make the iPod look cooler? No I wasn't expecting a radical redesign, because aside from the MacBook there hasn't been one in a long time.
I miss the good old days when Apple would not only drastically change the case design every time a new processor was used, but they would also do some major tweeking of materials and color for minor speed bumps. I know it's hard with laptops and the mini because they are so simple all you can really do is change colors and materials used. But the towers and the iMacs.... :(
I hope Apple doesn't simplify themselves out of the industrial design business. Not yet. They do seem to be getting a little lazy though.
http://apple-history.com/images/models/blueg3.gifhttp://apple-history.com/images/models/g4_2.jpghttp://apple-history.com/images/models/g4_quick.jpghttp://apple-history.com/images/models/g4_mdd.jpghttp://apple-history.com/images/models/g5.jpg
http://apple-history.com/images/models/imac_dv_se_side.jpghttp://apple-history.com/images/models/emac.jpghttp://apple-history.com/images/models/imac_flat_down.jpghttp://apple-history.com/images/models/imac_g5_isight.jpg
I miss the good old days when Apple would not only drastically change the case design every time a new processor was used, but they would also do some major tweeking of materials and color for minor speed bumps. I know it's hard with laptops and the mini because they are so simple all you can really do is change colors and materials used. But the towers and the iMacs.... :(
I hope Apple doesn't simplify themselves out of the industrial design business. Not yet. They do seem to be getting a little lazy though.
http://apple-history.com/images/models/blueg3.gifhttp://apple-history.com/images/models/g4_2.jpghttp://apple-history.com/images/models/g4_quick.jpghttp://apple-history.com/images/models/g4_mdd.jpghttp://apple-history.com/images/models/g5.jpg
http://apple-history.com/images/models/imac_dv_se_side.jpghttp://apple-history.com/images/models/emac.jpghttp://apple-history.com/images/models/imac_flat_down.jpghttp://apple-history.com/images/models/imac_g5_isight.jpg
duffman9000
Jul 22, 11:43 AM
Negative? How can this news be negative? Only the most diehard G4 lovers would call this news negative.
iStudentUK
Apr 11, 08:02 AM
The answer of what was typed is 288. If the entity between the keyboard and chair meant something else, they should have typed something else.
That's all well and good on a forum, but the intention of the author can matter a lot more in real-world scenarios. I completed a my master's research year in chemistry last year, and that involved a lot of equations. If someone in my group had sent me a quick email with this equation I would expect to see-
(48/2)(9+3) or 48/[2(9+3)]
This is even more important when the equations I was using were a lot more complex!
Nobody in the group thought in terms of /, I've never met a scientist or mathematician who thought in these terms. To treat a / at face value when there were no brackets to verify the exact meaning would have been silly. It could have meant hours or days of wasted work and analysis, and that makes it my problem!
That's all well and good on a forum, but the intention of the author can matter a lot more in real-world scenarios. I completed a my master's research year in chemistry last year, and that involved a lot of equations. If someone in my group had sent me a quick email with this equation I would expect to see-
(48/2)(9+3) or 48/[2(9+3)]
This is even more important when the equations I was using were a lot more complex!
Nobody in the group thought in terms of /, I've never met a scientist or mathematician who thought in these terms. To treat a / at face value when there were no brackets to verify the exact meaning would have been silly. It could have meant hours or days of wasted work and analysis, and that makes it my problem!
Popeye206
Apr 7, 11:41 AM
They only need like ~100,000.
Hummm... maybe Motorola has some spare Xoom screens they could share with RIM? Oh... the size thing.... Hummm...
The Tab! There should be about 1 million+ channel returns coming back on the TAB 1.0... Samsung may have some stock that RIM could work with? A little glue and tape and there you go! :p
Hummm... maybe Motorola has some spare Xoom screens they could share with RIM? Oh... the size thing.... Hummm...
The Tab! There should be about 1 million+ channel returns coming back on the TAB 1.0... Samsung may have some stock that RIM could work with? A little glue and tape and there you go! :p
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar