MorphingDragon
May 6, 04:21 AM
Apple needs to replace the optical drive with another AMD GPU, and Crossfire them sexy beasts up. Gone will be the days of Macs that can't run every game in existence at max settings.
A beefier CPU and High end GPU would be more beneficial than a second GPU. Even modern game engines still don't properly utilize two graphics cards unless the individual developers do custom optimisation.
A beefier CPU and High end GPU would be more beneficial than a second GPU. Even modern game engines still don't properly utilize two graphics cards unless the individual developers do custom optimisation.
chuckles:)
May 7, 10:37 AM
I used to use mobileme for hosting, email, iDisk and photo sharing, but i've outgrown all of them. I won't be renewing this december. Now i just have to make sure i don't lose my iPhone.
ChiltonWebb
Nov 26, 08:59 PM
Hi,
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I will pay up to $5,000 for an Apple branded Tablet Mac. I don't understand why they don't have one already. I've always preferred pen and paper to a keyboard, and will be the happiest dork alive when Apple releases a Tablet Mac.
Pen and paper are the foundations for most graphic artwork. One of Apple's target audiences is the graphics industry. It just makes sense.
I'm not a fan of Palm or any other of those tiny handhelds. A Tablet Mac needs to be a freakin' Tablet. I'd pay more for a decent one of those than I would for a Mac Pro.
-Chilton
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I will pay up to $5,000 for an Apple branded Tablet Mac. I don't understand why they don't have one already. I've always preferred pen and paper to a keyboard, and will be the happiest dork alive when Apple releases a Tablet Mac.
Pen and paper are the foundations for most graphic artwork. One of Apple's target audiences is the graphics industry. It just makes sense.
I'm not a fan of Palm or any other of those tiny handhelds. A Tablet Mac needs to be a freakin' Tablet. I'd pay more for a decent one of those than I would for a Mac Pro.
-Chilton
ten-oak-druid
Apr 7, 09:29 AM
This gives RIM time to rethink their tablet.
tipp
May 4, 04:10 PM
I didn't read through all 5 previous pages, but it doesn't seem like anyone has mentioned this hidden restore partition that the Lion installer creates. This definitely lessens the need a bit for a bootable install disk/drive. Obviously, if your drive dies completely, you would need a way to do a full reinstall.
mitchec
Sep 11, 03:37 AM
I can't see how Apple can begin an sell movies and not also sell a Media Mac.
It would be like iTMS and no iPods... how well would that work? :rolleyes:
I think your right on the button with this one. iTMS is there to support apple products and as such they are going to want to keep it that way.
If its not an updated ipod the only other product must be some kind of video aiport media device that you can rig up to you TV
It would be like iTMS and no iPods... how well would that work? :rolleyes:
I think your right on the button with this one. iTMS is there to support apple products and as such they are going to want to keep it that way.
If its not an updated ipod the only other product must be some kind of video aiport media device that you can rig up to you TV
Dustman
Apr 24, 08:04 PM
It seems highly likely to me that Apple will start rolling in retina everywhere in the near future. It would make sense for them to use ultra high resolution screens in its products to one up PC manufacturers and further differentiate themselves from PCs. It would also add to the 'Premium' experience that Apple likes to sell people on.
LordTyroxx
Apr 5, 03:38 PM
I mean a car from 20 years ago runs fine if you haven't driven any other car. The internet from 10 years ago would be fine if you had never experienced todays broadband. Hell life as a virgin would be cool if you didn't know what sex was.
When you say your phone is far from unusable, its like a virgin saying life without sex is awesome.
Well Cydia is like being a virgin then having sex with a whore then getting STDs that constantly slow down your OS. It might be good in the short term, but you'll have to work hard to keep the swelling down with various lotions and creams. But unlike STDs, you can revert to a clean version of the OS anytime you want. :P
When you say your phone is far from unusable, its like a virgin saying life without sex is awesome.
Well Cydia is like being a virgin then having sex with a whore then getting STDs that constantly slow down your OS. It might be good in the short term, but you'll have to work hard to keep the swelling down with various lotions and creams. But unlike STDs, you can revert to a clean version of the OS anytime you want. :P
radio893fm
Nov 22, 10:14 AM
Mr Palm, Apple fan boys:
The perfect smart phone has already been created and is out in the wild: SONY ERICSSON P990.
Wifi, location free, 2 mp camera with flash, keyboard, MP3 player, videos, etc. Now if only Apple would open the iTunes so it can sync with some other devices than the iPod would be very nice...
The perfect smart phone has already been created and is out in the wild: SONY ERICSSON P990.
Wifi, location free, 2 mp camera with flash, keyboard, MP3 player, videos, etc. Now if only Apple would open the iTunes so it can sync with some other devices than the iPod would be very nice...
davidw
Mar 28, 10:24 AM
Wow, I can't see this happening. There is too much momentum for them to wait 2 years in between phones. They will release a 4GS!
I think Apple will be fine no matter what, and if they feel it's better to make sure that new iterations of the phone are SIGNIFICANT improvements (after all, the iPhone has become Apple's signature device, even more than the Mac or the iPad) then perhaps they won't release a 4GS with just speed improvements.
It will be hard to top significant upgrade from 3GS to the 4G, especially when you consider build quality and the Retina Display, which is still the sharpest screen on the market.
I think Apple will be fine no matter what, and if they feel it's better to make sure that new iterations of the phone are SIGNIFICANT improvements (after all, the iPhone has become Apple's signature device, even more than the Mac or the iPad) then perhaps they won't release a 4GS with just speed improvements.
It will be hard to top significant upgrade from 3GS to the 4G, especially when you consider build quality and the Retina Display, which is still the sharpest screen on the market.
Daveoc64
May 4, 02:57 PM
Obviously Lion will not follow App Store conventions seeing as it isn't an app.
Why put it in the App Store if it isn't an App?
Why put it in the App Store if it isn't an App?
Bonte
Aug 7, 03:20 PM
wow, it took a full three (3) posts till somebody complains about the GPU. that seems to be the only constant thing that survived even the intel transition.:D
Are these specific Mac GPU's with Mac roms or can we finally use a selection of PC GPU's? If so then the base GPU isn't an issue, just use it for the second screen.
Are these specific Mac GPU's with Mac roms or can we finally use a selection of PC GPU's? If so then the base GPU isn't an issue, just use it for the second screen.

Gruber
Mar 30, 10:15 PM
Has anybody tried support for resolution independence? What happens if you open the terminal, enter "defaults write NSGlobalDomain AppleDisplayScaleFactor 2.0", for instance), and log off/on again? Is it still so horribly broken as in SnowLeopard?
Are there config options for the size of system fonts?
Are there config options for the size of system fonts?
Moyank24
May 2, 11:10 PM
Inzo
Josias
Sep 16, 02:55 AM
I believe the new macbook pro merom's will be .1-.3 inches thicker, and POSSIBLY incorporate a new blu-ray DVD burner, 160GB HD, ATI X1800 Graphics card, and improved display to 1920X1200 for 17". I believe this to be true based on the information gathered from brenthaven's website, showing the 12/15 pro case that is out of stock is 1/4" thicker in the space needed to hold the macbook. The only reason for this is if they know "something" we don't...such as a thicker machine. Also, they are coming out around the 26th-30th. Maybe? what do you guys think?
Hello
My name is Mr. Burns.
Goodday Mr. Burns, may I ask what your first name is?
...I don't know.
WTF?!!?
The 12/15" Pro cases are designed for the 12/15" PowerBooks which were 2.8 and 3.0 cm thick.
You may be right about the 160 GB HDD option and the X1800.
There is no way the MBP's will recieve resolution upgrades before Leopard. Santa Rosa MBP's will definiantly be bumped to 1680x1050 and 1920x1200. Tiger is resolution dependent, which means that a higher DPI would make it nearly impossible to see anything.
Why would they put Blu-Ray drives in? And where would they get them from? Sony just moved the release of PS3 in Europe to March '07 duo to lack of sufficient Blu Ray readers.
At last, why 26th-30th? Why would Apple have a large event where it would be appropriate to release MBP's, and then instead announce 1-4 days after? I believe it might be a few days prior to Photokina, as the iMac was before the Paris Expo.;)
Hello
My name is Mr. Burns.
Goodday Mr. Burns, may I ask what your first name is?
...I don't know.
WTF?!!?
The 12/15" Pro cases are designed for the 12/15" PowerBooks which were 2.8 and 3.0 cm thick.
You may be right about the 160 GB HDD option and the X1800.
There is no way the MBP's will recieve resolution upgrades before Leopard. Santa Rosa MBP's will definiantly be bumped to 1680x1050 and 1920x1200. Tiger is resolution dependent, which means that a higher DPI would make it nearly impossible to see anything.
Why would they put Blu-Ray drives in? And where would they get them from? Sony just moved the release of PS3 in Europe to March '07 duo to lack of sufficient Blu Ray readers.
At last, why 26th-30th? Why would Apple have a large event where it would be appropriate to release MBP's, and then instead announce 1-4 days after? I believe it might be a few days prior to Photokina, as the iMac was before the Paris Expo.;)
paul4339
Apr 26, 02:18 PM
it's interesting to see Windows mobile/WP7 at 7% of new purchases (compared to 25% for iOS) ... I didn't realize it was so popular.
P.
P.
aafuss1
Aug 7, 09:01 PM
macpro.pdf is the service manual for those who have GSX and Service Source access (eg. AASP's do). Can't find public info on how to add/remove user installable part yets.
lilo777
Mar 30, 02:14 PM
So let me understand this. You pay to buy your music, you pay to store it 'in the cloud' and you pay data charges (with ever decreasing unlimited data plans) to listen to it.
This has got to be the stupidest thing I've ever heard of.
Obviously you do not consider all possibilities. Some people have unlimited data plans (or do not have time to listen to music to often so even the limited plan could suffice). Combined with free 5GB space, people have to pay nothing. Then there are people for whom hundred bucks is not an issue but convenience is. This World (outside Apple ecosystem) is all about choices. And if not enough people will find this service to be attractive, Amazon will close it. Without your telling them.
This has got to be the stupidest thing I've ever heard of.
Obviously you do not consider all possibilities. Some people have unlimited data plans (or do not have time to listen to music to often so even the limited plan could suffice). Combined with free 5GB space, people have to pay nothing. Then there are people for whom hundred bucks is not an issue but convenience is. This World (outside Apple ecosystem) is all about choices. And if not enough people will find this service to be attractive, Amazon will close it. Without your telling them.

OneMike
May 7, 11:54 AM
MobileMe is great to me.
Other then when it was FIRST launched and they kept extending the trial for like 4 months. I seldom if all have issues.
Other then when it was FIRST launched and they kept extending the trial for like 4 months. I seldom if all have issues.
~Shard~
Aug 11, 12:33 PM
Do people really think were going to get Merom macbook pros at paris? I was thinkg we would see it on a tuesday before paris.
I think Paris would be a logical time to unveil a new product. That being said, this is "just an upgrade", not a new product (it's not like the MacBooks are moving to Intel for the first time), so perhaps they will receive an update on "any given Tuesday" instead, and Paris will be reserved for something new, for instance a new full-screen touchless iPod. ;) :cool:
I think Paris would be a logical time to unveil a new product. That being said, this is "just an upgrade", not a new product (it's not like the MacBooks are moving to Intel for the first time), so perhaps they will receive an update on "any given Tuesday" instead, and Paris will be reserved for something new, for instance a new full-screen touchless iPod. ;) :cool:
SMM
Nov 27, 10:29 PM
......
You don't like it - don't buy one. Accept that there are others who would benefit tremendously from such a product, even if it is a small market segment.
While your needs are not the same as mine, we both seem to find this an important technology to work with. I do believe there is a BIG market out there, no one has really been able to capture it. Maybe it is just a timing thing?
You don't like it - don't buy one. Accept that there are others who would benefit tremendously from such a product, even if it is a small market segment.
While your needs are not the same as mine, we both seem to find this an important technology to work with. I do believe there is a BIG market out there, no one has really been able to capture it. Maybe it is just a timing thing?
Stridder44
Aug 4, 01:28 PM
I don't get the point of this article. I mean, isn't it common knowledge that Apple is going to use the Merom processors in it's computers?
Oh no doubt, it's when is what people are interested in............kind like me..........and the Merom-less MacBook Pro's I see when I go to Apple.com.....
Oh no doubt, it's when is what people are interested in............kind like me..........and the Merom-less MacBook Pro's I see when I go to Apple.com.....
battaxan
Dec 10, 02:06 AM
I accept with information:Voice Control occasionally comes up with some pretty funny ways that it pronounces names, and you have to pronounce it that way if you want that particular name to come up.
iGary
Jul 23, 09:31 AM
Why do I have some weird feeling that they will update the entire product line at WWDC?
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar