macFanDave
Nov 22, 10:11 AM
"PC guys are not going to just figure this out. They're not going to just walk in.''
I think John Hodgman could easily make a great cell phone quickly -- it's one of the areas of his expertise! ;)
For the record, Apple did just "walk in" to the MP3 market and figured it out pretty quickly. Perhaps the idea that making devices is complicated is why Palm went from being the "next big thing" to obscurity. Apple has an excellent track record of making things simple. Applying that philosophy to cell phones would be mighty powerful especially compared to the bloated victims of chronic feature creep.
I regard the market of PDA's to be a colossal failure. Sure, it's a niche market that makes some money for a slimmed-down Palm and a division of Microshaft, but it could have been so much more if it were done well.
I think John Hodgman could easily make a great cell phone quickly -- it's one of the areas of his expertise! ;)
For the record, Apple did just "walk in" to the MP3 market and figured it out pretty quickly. Perhaps the idea that making devices is complicated is why Palm went from being the "next big thing" to obscurity. Apple has an excellent track record of making things simple. Applying that philosophy to cell phones would be mighty powerful especially compared to the bloated victims of chronic feature creep.
I regard the market of PDA's to be a colossal failure. Sure, it's a niche market that makes some money for a slimmed-down Palm and a division of Microshaft, but it could have been so much more if it were done well.

rtdunham
Nov 22, 10:47 AM
...it was the same for Creative, Real and now Palm...they are almost dead with their crappy PDAs
I like my Treo a lot. But what i really want is its capabilities (better executed) in a phone the size of a RAZR or Samsung A900. Maybe that can be done, maybe not.
I like my Treo a lot. But what i really want is its capabilities (better executed) in a phone the size of a RAZR or Samsung A900. Maybe that can be done, maybe not.

Eidorian
Mar 29, 02:25 PM
Note that MS is dropping the standalone Zune hardware, and moving the Zune interface into Windows Phone 7.
If your phone can do it all, why make standalone music players?I am stuck in a limbo where I want the phone for everything that it does except the phone part...
If your phone can do it all, why make standalone music players?I am stuck in a limbo where I want the phone for everything that it does except the phone part...
1080p
Apr 7, 09:33 AM
Money talks... :apple:
Erasmus
Jul 23, 04:50 AM
(Stuff...)
You may be right, who knows? There seems to be good arguments on both sides to whether Macbooks get Merom in August.
One of the reasons I want an iMac with Conroe (or any intel processor I suppose) is for Boot Camp, and SolidWorks for uni (plus random games, ie. Quake 4, Doom 3 etc ;)). Other than the fact that my cube would die trying to pull along this extremely demanding application, I am 99% certain that it will not run on System anyway. This is another reason I am wanting a Conroe and the X1800, other than for games, it would be perfect for running Solidworks.
Therefore I don't care what's in the Macbook, as I only need it for non processor intensive purposes, with anything else optional. My motive is purely cost-cutting.
Also, I've looked, and I do not believe Australia has a Refurb section of its Store, and I refuse to buy something from eBay.
You may be right, who knows? There seems to be good arguments on both sides to whether Macbooks get Merom in August.
One of the reasons I want an iMac with Conroe (or any intel processor I suppose) is for Boot Camp, and SolidWorks for uni (plus random games, ie. Quake 4, Doom 3 etc ;)). Other than the fact that my cube would die trying to pull along this extremely demanding application, I am 99% certain that it will not run on System anyway. This is another reason I am wanting a Conroe and the X1800, other than for games, it would be perfect for running Solidworks.
Therefore I don't care what's in the Macbook, as I only need it for non processor intensive purposes, with anything else optional. My motive is purely cost-cutting.
Also, I've looked, and I do not believe Australia has a Refurb section of its Store, and I refuse to buy something from eBay.

peeInMyPantz
Aug 4, 06:14 AM
I think the very last machine to get it will be the bottom end MacBook and slowest Mac Mini. There is no reason why they could not offer both Yonah and Merom in the same systems since they are the same sockets. With the discounted Yonah or Core Solo they could hit there $499 price point on the mini and $899 for the Core Duo white MacBook. The Black MacBook will see Merom near the same time as MBP. They may wait 3 weaks or so to see if the Merom supply can meet demand.
I don't think price for MB will ever drop, even if they're staying with yonah. It's selling quite well at this price. If they offer yonah and merom in the same system, the price diff will not be a lot, and apple will end up stocking for both yonah and merom, which is not something they will do
I'm gonna go on record and say they will NOT intro new MBP at wwdc. Some sales of the current MBP are better than none and if they they intro a new one they will not sell any and probably just take pre orders. Not gonna happen. They will wait until late August or early September to announce them when they are actually ready.
sales are going to drop anyway, coz ppl are going to wait. It's just like last year before intel processor come into the picture, there's a drop in sales coz ppl are waiting..
That banner is showing Apple's existing products, not future products. The 64 bit logo is no doubt referring to the current line of G5 machines.
Chris
maybe it's about leopard
.. don't u just love speculation.. haha
I don't think price for MB will ever drop, even if they're staying with yonah. It's selling quite well at this price. If they offer yonah and merom in the same system, the price diff will not be a lot, and apple will end up stocking for both yonah and merom, which is not something they will do
I'm gonna go on record and say they will NOT intro new MBP at wwdc. Some sales of the current MBP are better than none and if they they intro a new one they will not sell any and probably just take pre orders. Not gonna happen. They will wait until late August or early September to announce them when they are actually ready.
sales are going to drop anyway, coz ppl are going to wait. It's just like last year before intel processor come into the picture, there's a drop in sales coz ppl are waiting..
That banner is showing Apple's existing products, not future products. The 64 bit logo is no doubt referring to the current line of G5 machines.
Chris
maybe it's about leopard
.. don't u just love speculation.. haha
k2k koos
Nov 22, 05:51 PM
I am very excited to see what Apple is going to make of a mobile phone (or whatever it will be). iChat integration would be great, but even greater still, is an EASY way to use iChat to communicate with the rest of the world. Not just MSN, but Yahoo and a host of other services, why don't they all sit down and either use all formats, or agree upon a common standard so that everyone can contact eachother, just like we can do by using a phone! Which is where we started this thread about. About that 'PC guy' remark, Apple is in the Mac business when it comes to computers. Not PC's. (Yes I know a Mac is a PC in a sense, but it's far more developed, and sexy, yes I said it, sexy!Macs are sexy, and they also work well for those who are not sensitive to that appeal)

love quotes and sayings icons.

quotes and sayings about

cute emo quotes and sayings.

(Quotes and Sayings ::)

Love Quotes | 2 Comments

I Love You

love quotes and sayings icons.

love quotes and sayings icons

myspace icons and quotes.

love quotes and sayings icons

Myspace Quotes amp; Sayings

love quotes and sayings icons.
pkson
Mar 30, 05:41 AM
No, "best wishes" for our Japanese friends.
"Prayers" to the flying spaghetti monster are a waste of time - put the people of Japan into your thoughts, don't involve some ficticious deity.
Putting something in your thoughts doesn't do anything either.
Unless you (not YOU, but people in general) hop on a plane and go over there to help, or at least donate to organizations who do, the most people can do is just be (or act) sad and concerned. Even being sad or concerned doesn't do anything for Japan.
"Prayers" to the flying spaghetti monster are a waste of time - put the people of Japan into your thoughts, don't involve some ficticious deity.
Putting something in your thoughts doesn't do anything either.
Unless you (not YOU, but people in general) hop on a plane and go over there to help, or at least donate to organizations who do, the most people can do is just be (or act) sad and concerned. Even being sad or concerned doesn't do anything for Japan.
kiljoy616
Mar 26, 11:05 PM
What crack-addled mind seriously thinks it'd be sensible or probable that Apple would come out with a new iPad 5 months after... coming out with a new iPad?
I mean, I suppose, if they just wanted to take the biggest splashiest attention grabber product they have and not bother capitalizing on all the time & money they spent on iPad2, and just completely hamfist the frickin thing up it's own arse for the sheer bloody hell of it, then yea, sure it makes total sense.
Or you could look at it this way, considering that the new ipad 2 is a capable graphic gpu its possible that the big difference to the ipad will be some retina like upgrade only. :)
I was feeling( I know :p ) the ipad 2 and its so thin that it actually felt nice in my hand :) more so than the ipad 1 :o so making the ipad 3 even more thinner to me would not really be a sell considering how thing it is now and rather see an upgrade in resolution with maybe more memory. I can see apple making the ipad 3 more of a finishing touch to the ipad 2 than a whole new revamp. :D
I mean, I suppose, if they just wanted to take the biggest splashiest attention grabber product they have and not bother capitalizing on all the time & money they spent on iPad2, and just completely hamfist the frickin thing up it's own arse for the sheer bloody hell of it, then yea, sure it makes total sense.
Or you could look at it this way, considering that the new ipad 2 is a capable graphic gpu its possible that the big difference to the ipad will be some retina like upgrade only. :)
I was feeling( I know :p ) the ipad 2 and its so thin that it actually felt nice in my hand :) more so than the ipad 1 :o so making the ipad 3 even more thinner to me would not really be a sell considering how thing it is now and rather see an upgrade in resolution with maybe more memory. I can see apple making the ipad 3 more of a finishing touch to the ipad 2 than a whole new revamp. :D

MagnusVonMagnum
Apr 18, 03:07 PM
If copying style is a crime then most of the automakers are in trouble because all too many of their vehicles look far too much alike. (e.g. Lexus' 5-door suv crossover looks like Subaru's 5-door Impreza which is strikingly similar to the Mazda from a few years ago, but then Mazda's first crossover turbo SUV is a blatant rip-off of Subaru's WRX from the '04 year, so to quote Aretha Franklin, Who's zooming who? But then I think most of the cars from the late '80s and '90s look like the horribly ugly Ford Tempo in a basic sense. Then when Hummer made boxy cool again, we got a load of imitators there as well (Cube, Soul, etc.) but then cars were boxy long before Hummer came around so.... Notice how much the newest Corvette more closely resembles the Viper in the front than previous Corvettes (sometimes just changing the headlight style makes one look much like another). Then there's knockoff rims, taillight styles (hello ugly Altezas), etc.
Frankly, if pop/rock musicians sued each other to the degree that Apple and others do it, they'd ALL be in trouble. There's only so many chord combinations and basic progressions possible, after all. Style is just one aspect.
Frankly, if pop/rock musicians sued each other to the degree that Apple and others do it, they'd ALL be in trouble. There's only so many chord combinations and basic progressions possible, after all. Style is just one aspect.
brap
Aug 7, 01:53 PM
Suppose it'd be a bit heretic to buy one of these solely for Windows, right?
I'd not get a quad Xeon Woodcrest anywhere else for less, and my Athlon 64 just doesn't cut it...
I'd not get a quad Xeon Woodcrest anywhere else for less, and my Athlon 64 just doesn't cut it...
Demoman
Jul 21, 04:11 PM
It'll be quite an action-packed WWDC, if all these rumors pan out--which of course they wont.
-Leopard preview
-Mac Pros
-new iPod Nanos
-true video iPods
-iTMS movie downloads
-MacBook Pros with Meroms
Crazy. I'm betting against the consumer-related announcements. And hoping for MBPs with new enclosure and features.
I am hoping they are going to be showing off the new pro apps. In January there were hints of something revolutionary in the FCS. The sudden price whacking of Shake leads me to be hopeful that something is imminent.
-Leopard preview
-Mac Pros
-new iPod Nanos
-true video iPods
-iTMS movie downloads
-MacBook Pros with Meroms
Crazy. I'm betting against the consumer-related announcements. And hoping for MBPs with new enclosure and features.
I am hoping they are going to be showing off the new pro apps. In January there were hints of something revolutionary in the FCS. The sudden price whacking of Shake leads me to be hopeful that something is imminent.
Evangelion
Sep 11, 09:55 AM
It is excellent that you can play movies it on an iPod, but I hardly think that is enough to launch "screenplay". Most people want to see a movie on a large screen, not a computer or an iPod.
Is there any reason why you couldn't do both?
Is there any reason why you couldn't do both?
daneoni
Apr 20, 09:19 AM
And that update is still an iPhone 5 style update. iPhone 4S and iPhone 5 are the same thing. One just refers to a potential marketing name, the other to the generation of the device.
I don't get what is so hard to grasp here. The iPhone 3G was not the iPhone 3 at all, it was the iPhone 2 (and some would argue, the iPhone 1,2).
What exactly are you arguing about here? all i'm saying is this upgrade regardless of what it's called would be a speed/performance upgrade whilst iPhone 6 would be a new design/overhaul like iPhone 4 was. Even Apple are thinking (http://www.macrumors.com/2011/04/21/apple-seeding-high-level-gaming-developers-with-a5-based-iphone-4s/) along this line
PS iPhone 4 carries a 3,1 numbering system. So it can be argued it is iPhone 3 in actuality and iPhone 5 could carry iPhone 3,2 or iPhone 4,1.
I don't get what is so hard to grasp here. The iPhone 3G was not the iPhone 3 at all, it was the iPhone 2 (and some would argue, the iPhone 1,2).
What exactly are you arguing about here? all i'm saying is this upgrade regardless of what it's called would be a speed/performance upgrade whilst iPhone 6 would be a new design/overhaul like iPhone 4 was. Even Apple are thinking (http://www.macrumors.com/2011/04/21/apple-seeding-high-level-gaming-developers-with-a5-based-iphone-4s/) along this line
PS iPhone 4 carries a 3,1 numbering system. So it can be argued it is iPhone 3 in actuality and iPhone 5 could carry iPhone 3,2 or iPhone 4,1.

digitalbiker
Aug 11, 03:22 PM
I find it incredibly hard to believe that Apple intends to maintain the closeness in specs that are currently present between the MacBook Pro and MacBook. It makes more sense for Apple to move the MBP to the Core2 Duo and leave the MacBook to the Yonah. This leaves two more speed bumps for the MacBook. First 10 2.16, then to 2.33, all the while leaving the MBP time to advance with the Merom so it can gain momentum against the MacBook.
I also think Apple will leave the MB with Yonah. They will want product differentiation and price differentiation.
So I think they will drop the price to <$1000.00 for MB and re-design MBP to provide enhancements similar to MB but with faster Merom CPU's and higher price than MB.
I also think Apple will leave the MB with Yonah. They will want product differentiation and price differentiation.
So I think they will drop the price to <$1000.00 for MB and re-design MBP to provide enhancements similar to MB but with faster Merom CPU's and higher price than MB.
liketom
Jul 30, 07:36 AM
so what CPU would power the phone ?
iliketyla
Mar 29, 01:59 PM
At 10% unemployment, I don't know many people who would scoff at a job these days.
And, it isn't that illegal immigrants do jobs that people "wouldn't be caught dead doing" -- it's that they do jobs that people wouldn't be caught dead doing for below minimum wage. There are plenty of Americans who would pick fruit or clean buildings for a fair wage -- they just don't get the opportunity because an immigrant will do the job for cash at poverty wages.
Yeah, that's true.
What's the solution though? Living in Arizona I hear about this issue ALL THE TIME on the news, and it seems like there are many different pros and cons to any potential solution they come up with.
And, it isn't that illegal immigrants do jobs that people "wouldn't be caught dead doing" -- it's that they do jobs that people wouldn't be caught dead doing for below minimum wage. There are plenty of Americans who would pick fruit or clean buildings for a fair wage -- they just don't get the opportunity because an immigrant will do the job for cash at poverty wages.
Yeah, that's true.
What's the solution though? Living in Arizona I hear about this issue ALL THE TIME on the news, and it seems like there are many different pros and cons to any potential solution they come up with.
Thunderhawks
Mar 31, 07:00 AM
Enjoy your brand new 129$ Mac OS X latest revision (the most advanced, the most unique, the most... bla bla bla bla...) carrying more than XXX features (aka... just making the Mac OS X experience more iOS-alike so you get used to AppStore since soon you'll have to go through this method of delivery as there won't be any other one, because Mr. Jobs wants more money...)
Yep... I think that 129$ sounds quite ok, for nothing :D
Though I'm not surprise... there's nothing shocking that they can implement. This "update" is aimed at training people into AppStore (aka money)... and they even charge for it :D
The nerve of these money grabbing Apple monsters to charge for their work.
What will they think of next, selling us computers we have to pay for?
Yep... I think that 129$ sounds quite ok, for nothing :D
Though I'm not surprise... there's nothing shocking that they can implement. This "update" is aimed at training people into AppStore (aka money)... and they even charge for it :D
The nerve of these money grabbing Apple monsters to charge for their work.
What will they think of next, selling us computers we have to pay for?
kenypowa
Mar 29, 11:06 AM
I don't blame any company who looks at what Apple has done to people who are trying to create services for the iOS platform and decides that they don't want to go there.
They hold up Google Voice and other apps in endless app review purgatories, embarrassing the companies that spent valuable resources developing them. They look at companies that have created amazing magazine apps or streaming media apps, and now they say that they demand the opportunity to market subscriptions to those services and take a 30% cut.
Amazon looks at the situation and knows that Apple will very likely either hold up their app or demand a 30% cut of their subscription fees, and either case is unacceptable. This is especially likely to happen since this new Amazon service seems to compete directly with the cloud services that Apple is gearing up to offer.
Couldn't say it better myself.
They hold up Google Voice and other apps in endless app review purgatories, embarrassing the companies that spent valuable resources developing them. They look at companies that have created amazing magazine apps or streaming media apps, and now they say that they demand the opportunity to market subscriptions to those services and take a 30% cut.
Amazon looks at the situation and knows that Apple will very likely either hold up their app or demand a 30% cut of their subscription fees, and either case is unacceptable. This is especially likely to happen since this new Amazon service seems to compete directly with the cloud services that Apple is gearing up to offer.
Couldn't say it better myself.
marvel2
Nov 9, 04:47 PM
I ordered my TomTom car kit fro BLT this morning and got an email saying they will be in stock Nov 11th. Hopefully it ship then.
*edit*
Got a new email saying they wont receive them until Dec 2nd :'{
*edit*
Got a new email saying they wont receive them until Dec 2nd :'{
daneoni
Mar 28, 09:51 AM
The iPhone 4 is already dated relative to other phones on the market. To have a phone on the market for 18 months without an update is insane.
Why because it doesn't have a dual core processor, 1GB of RAM and a 3D screen with 5G radio?
Why because it doesn't have a dual core processor, 1GB of RAM and a 3D screen with 5G radio?
bloodycape
Apr 18, 04:47 PM
A bit OT but didn't BlackBerry successfully sue(or at least come to a large monetary agreement) Palm for copying the look and feel of their keyboard? If so, Apple could get pretty far with is.
Reed Rothchild
Mar 29, 03:55 PM
Ok, no offense, but you are not a designer are you lol??? And I have yet to see anything on Android that looks "very nice", just sayin'!
No offense taken, but seriously how is the web interface to my digital locker so offensive?
screenshot (http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5224/5571848363_7544628f92_b.jpg).
Not that I'd normally be accessing my media via a desktop website. That's why Amazon also offer a nice and visually friendly (https://ssl.gstatic.com/android/market/com.amazon.mp3/ss-1-320-480-160-2-251c9c92d6a55c8108001da1d17520acb8db9c80) app for your mobile devices :).
No offense taken, but seriously how is the web interface to my digital locker so offensive?
screenshot (http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5224/5571848363_7544628f92_b.jpg).
Not that I'd normally be accessing my media via a desktop website. That's why Amazon also offer a nice and visually friendly (https://ssl.gstatic.com/android/market/com.amazon.mp3/ss-1-320-480-160-2-251c9c92d6a55c8108001da1d17520acb8db9c80) app for your mobile devices :).
iliketyla
Mar 29, 02:06 PM
Up to another 50% on what they already cost?
Well even though my argument was already refuted by the citizens of other continents on here, in a perfect world the products would cost more yes, but we'd also be making more money with employment here in the U.S.
Unfortunately we don't live in a perfect world, and the U.S. makes products that other countries have no interest in buying due to poor quality.
Well even though my argument was already refuted by the citizens of other continents on here, in a perfect world the products would cost more yes, but we'd also be making more money with employment here in the U.S.
Unfortunately we don't live in a perfect world, and the U.S. makes products that other countries have no interest in buying due to poor quality.
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar