treblah
Aug 3, 11:56 PM
The "tests" kind of sucked and wasn't that informative. Didn't tell us a whole lot...but either way I hope they get into the MBPs!!
AnandTech to the rescue!

cherry tree bark. cherry tree

BLACK CHERRY (Prunus serotina)

from cottonwood tree bark

cherry tree bark

stock photo : Cherry tree bark

cherry tree bark.

cherry tree bark.

Fisher Cat (in a lack cherry

Tree is maybe 15quot; dbh.

The Black Cherry (Prunus

Layered nose of lack cherry

cherry tree bark. down our

lack cherry bark

Black Cherry Bark

cherry tree bark

Tree Bark (1)

Cherry tree trunk

kwanzan flowering cherry tree
AnandTech to the rescue!
Meandmunch
Mar 28, 10:51 AM
You people can't wait an additional three months (July, Aug, Sept)?
Sheesh.
Sheesh.
Erasmus
Aug 4, 07:35 AM
I do not believe that Apple should wait to announce their new 64 bit systems. They should (and could) give promos of complete overhauls of their entire Mac lineup. (Final propaganda for iMac Ultra)
I think that Apple should concentrate on getting lots of switchers. Apple probably care about us old "maccies", because, of course, it is very rare for a mac user to change to using the Operating System That Must Not Be Named.
I therefore think Apple promoing iMacs, Macbooks, MBPs, MPs, MMs, etc. would be in their best interest, as potential switchers would know that Apple intends to bring out cool machines as soon as they can, if not immediately. Sure, it would impact on initial sales, as no-one would buy any of their computers between then and the shipping date, however, Apple would catch many fence-sitters who would otherwise bite the bullet and buy a much cheaper (and much more pathetic) PC after Steve's Keynote.
Wining Switchers should be Apple's goal now.
I think that Apple should concentrate on getting lots of switchers. Apple probably care about us old "maccies", because, of course, it is very rare for a mac user to change to using the Operating System That Must Not Be Named.
I therefore think Apple promoing iMacs, Macbooks, MBPs, MPs, MMs, etc. would be in their best interest, as potential switchers would know that Apple intends to bring out cool machines as soon as they can, if not immediately. Sure, it would impact on initial sales, as no-one would buy any of their computers between then and the shipping date, however, Apple would catch many fence-sitters who would otherwise bite the bullet and buy a much cheaper (and much more pathetic) PC after Steve's Keynote.
Wining Switchers should be Apple's goal now.
ArizonaKid
Jul 23, 12:05 AM
recent AppleInsider story[/url] had indicated that Intel may have plans to move up Merom's formal launch to next Monday, July 23rd, to coincide with the Core 2 Duo Desktop variant ("Conroe") launch.
Monday is the 24th. This is the third post on this. How long does it take for an admin to correct a simple mistake?
Monday is the 24th. This is the third post on this. How long does it take for an admin to correct a simple mistake?
QCassidy352
May 8, 05:25 PM
The usefulness of MobileMe just doesn't justify the $99 pricetag -- especially when other services offer something similar for free.
I disagree. First, nobody else offers it all in one place. Second, nobody else has the same simplicity. Third, there are features (most notably, find my iphone) that can't be replicated no matter what other service you use. And when you consider that you can get MM for $60 at Amazon and elsewhere, I think it's more than worth it. $5/month is worth it for any of things I just listed, or even just to be ad-free.
I disagree. First, nobody else offers it all in one place. Second, nobody else has the same simplicity. Third, there are features (most notably, find my iphone) that can't be replicated no matter what other service you use. And when you consider that you can get MM for $60 at Amazon and elsewhere, I think it's more than worth it. $5/month is worth it for any of things I just listed, or even just to be ad-free.
photo-video
Sep 15, 07:31 PM
This (http://switchtoamac.com/site/apple-will-soon-announce-a-macbook-pro-revison-heres-why.html) an a good read on why we may see a MacBook Pro revision very soon.
Makes sense to me
Nice explanation with evidence on current and past updates. I'm now convinced that there will be a MacBook Pro update this year. Photokina sounds like the ideal venue.
Makes sense to me
Nice explanation with evidence on current and past updates. I'm now convinced that there will be a MacBook Pro update this year. Photokina sounds like the ideal venue.
wHo_tHe
Mar 30, 07:42 PM
This question is primarily because I have a Macbook Air.
If Apple are going to release this via the App Store (assuming the speculation is true), does this mean that you don't have to burn Lion to a disk to install it? Or would I have to transfer it to some sort of USB drive first?
I guess I'm asking if you can just double click it in your downloads folder and run the OS installation from there That is the way Lion works. You just run the downloaded installer from the disk image. No need to burn to DVD or USB. The installer runs for a bit in your current OS, then reboots itself to complete the installation.
If Apple are going to release this via the App Store (assuming the speculation is true), does this mean that you don't have to burn Lion to a disk to install it? Or would I have to transfer it to some sort of USB drive first?
I guess I'm asking if you can just double click it in your downloads folder and run the OS installation from there That is the way Lion works. You just run the downloaded installer from the disk image. No need to burn to DVD or USB. The installer runs for a bit in your current OS, then reboots itself to complete the installation.

iJohnHenry
Apr 18, 07:03 PM
It's kind of a prerequisite for a collapse that 99% of the population is unprepared.
Shuuuush, don't make a wave, unless you want to be swallowing pee.
Shuuuush, don't make a wave, unless you want to be swallowing pee.
xPismo
Sep 11, 04:07 PM
...No prob with a H.264 at 2-6 mpbs. Files for a 90 minute movie at 700 mb (near-DVD-quality...I just hope for a renting solution as this is what people do with MOVIES.... If they have another solution: bring it on; it's gonna make sense.
Nicely put. Shocking to believe what modern compression and modern (read lower) expectations of the average film watcher have allowed distriution solutions to do.
I'm expecting a slick, consumer oriented solution to the video portion of the iTunes music store, but I'm not holding my breath for a 'movie' store or movie rental store solution.
At a compression value I would accecpt, files will still be to big for the internet of today / average power of a computer today / the HD's of today.
Sorry to be a wet blanket. We shall see.
Nicely put. Shocking to believe what modern compression and modern (read lower) expectations of the average film watcher have allowed distriution solutions to do.
I'm expecting a slick, consumer oriented solution to the video portion of the iTunes music store, but I'm not holding my breath for a 'movie' store or movie rental store solution.
At a compression value I would accecpt, files will still be to big for the internet of today / average power of a computer today / the HD's of today.
Sorry to be a wet blanket. We shall see.
Lord Bodak
Mar 28, 11:40 AM
My problem isn't necessarily with Apple, my grief is with carriers who have tied most of us in to 2 year fixed contracts. Whether this is due to Apple's insistence, or whether carriers have signed up to the 'yearly cycle' idea, there are thousands of us stuck in the middle here.
Any 3GS user who bought new and has a 2 year contract (usually because it was the most economical) now has a huge dilemma. Do we switch phones and get new contracts on different phones, or do we go Pay As You Go to cover those 3/4 (potentially more) months?
Two year contracts have existed since long before the iPhone and they don't seem to be going away anytime soon.
However, you do realize that your plan doesn't vanish when your contract ends, don't you? You will still have the exact same service you have today for the same price, until you go sign a new contract and get a new phone.
Any 3GS user who bought new and has a 2 year contract (usually because it was the most economical) now has a huge dilemma. Do we switch phones and get new contracts on different phones, or do we go Pay As You Go to cover those 3/4 (potentially more) months?
Two year contracts have existed since long before the iPhone and they don't seem to be going away anytime soon.
However, you do realize that your plan doesn't vanish when your contract ends, don't you? You will still have the exact same service you have today for the same price, until you go sign a new contract and get a new phone.
StyxMaker
Apr 20, 11:44 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/8H7)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; de-de) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)
the iOS rly needs a revamp, its getting really boring and dated after owning 3 generations. where r the damn widgets still and what use does lockscreen have if u cant add anything (jailbreak excluded)
oh and get rid of that glass back ... what fool thought its a good idea. mine is sooo scratched but at least not yet shattered like so many others ik
next phone might be a android after all
What are you people doing to scratch your phones so much? I don't use a case with my iPhone 4, carry it in my pocket (sometimes with my car keys) and there's not a noticeable scratch on the front or back.
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; de-de) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)
the iOS rly needs a revamp, its getting really boring and dated after owning 3 generations. where r the damn widgets still and what use does lockscreen have if u cant add anything (jailbreak excluded)
oh and get rid of that glass back ... what fool thought its a good idea. mine is sooo scratched but at least not yet shattered like so many others ik
next phone might be a android after all
What are you people doing to scratch your phones so much? I don't use a case with my iPhone 4, carry it in my pocket (sometimes with my car keys) and there's not a noticeable scratch on the front or back.
cybrscot
Apr 6, 02:38 AM
Interesting indeed!

BlizzardBomb
Aug 12, 02:02 PM
But then it wouldn't be a Mac Mini, now would it?
(My first MR post. Ever.)
Well most people attach those hard drive thingies on the bottom, which makes it a little taller anyway.
Oh and welcome to MacRumors. Enjoy your stay.
(My first MR post. Ever.)
Well most people attach those hard drive thingies on the bottom, which makes it a little taller anyway.
Oh and welcome to MacRumors. Enjoy your stay.
shigzeo
Aug 7, 06:03 PM
Suppose it'd be a bit heretic to buy one of these solely for Windows, right?
I'd not get a quad Xeon Woodcrest anywhere else for less, and my Athlon 64 just doesn't cut it...
I like your style. i sold my beloved ibook in order to get a new bicycle which is not good for cs2.
I'd not get a quad Xeon Woodcrest anywhere else for less, and my Athlon 64 just doesn't cut it...
I like your style. i sold my beloved ibook in order to get a new bicycle which is not good for cs2.
iJohnHenry
Apr 14, 10:49 AM
Holy crap I didn't know they had a website for that. :eek:
That's where GE got the idea. ;)
That's where GE got the idea. ;)
shaolindave
May 4, 04:37 PM
Many people have already said in this thread that you can already easily move an app from one machine to another. You just need to log in with your iTunes/App Store account.
however, nobody has said in this thread how to log in with your iTunes/App Store account on a machine that doesn't have an OS, and I have a feeling I'll need to do that at least once.
however, nobody has said in this thread how to log in with your iTunes/App Store account on a machine that doesn't have an OS, and I have a feeling I'll need to do that at least once.
nuckinfutz
May 7, 10:35 AM
The best option is to cover both ends.
Free
Syncing
Contacts, Calendar, Bookmarks
Small iDisk
Find my iDevice
Web Gallery
Web Page
Paid
iTunes Cloud (Lala music streaming)
More Sync options
Larger iDisk Pro (Dropbox like speed)
Larger Web space and Gallery
Online Backup
iWork.com Pro (Collaboration and editing)
I'm ready to go Google Free. I just need to know Mobileme is worth investing in more.
Free
Syncing
Contacts, Calendar, Bookmarks
Small iDisk
Find my iDevice
Web Gallery
Web Page
Paid
iTunes Cloud (Lala music streaming)
More Sync options
Larger iDisk Pro (Dropbox like speed)
Larger Web space and Gallery
Online Backup
iWork.com Pro (Collaboration and editing)
I'm ready to go Google Free. I just need to know Mobileme is worth investing in more.
iJawn108
Jul 21, 06:10 PM
I'm excited but... :( I kind of want to wait for the 800 Mhz FSB that will most likely come out next year. if it comes with a new case with the macbook styled keyboard ill snatch it up. :p

buckers
Mar 30, 07:27 PM
Always been confused as to why the menu bar across the top is slightly transparent but window title bars are grey. Doesn't really match, but I guess I'm just knit-picking...
dukebound85
May 5, 11:51 AM
Sorry it took so long to respond to this; I assure you it took only a second to Google (this is just the first result I found):
http://lamar.colostate.edu/~hillger/pays-off.html
quoting links from my school eh? lol
http://lamar.colostate.edu/~hillger/pays-off.html
quoting links from my school eh? lol
bpaluzzi
Apr 25, 10:17 AM
You do realize everything you said is untrue, right?
That's par for the course for him. It'd be a page one story if he ever WASN'T spreading FUD.
I don't see any location consent popups on my iPhones here.
Are you serious? You're not looking very hard. Or at all.
That's par for the course for him. It'd be a page one story if he ever WASN'T spreading FUD.
I don't see any location consent popups on my iPhones here.
Are you serious? You're not looking very hard. Or at all.
-aggie-
May 4, 01:45 PM
So what are our choices? We are in a hallway right now, I believe. So we can choose to explore the hallway or do we choose to go through another door and explore that room?
I'd think we'd want to explore this room.
I'd think we'd want to explore this room.
geese
Nov 23, 11:19 AM
I already own Apple and cannot see Rim's advancing any more than a few points on the news.
You own Apple do you? My! You've kept a very low profile!
You own Apple do you? My! You've kept a very low profile!
wovel
Apr 18, 03:51 PM
Samsung will simply pay a hefty amount to Apple and we will never hear anything about this again.
Apple is doing an end-around to renegotiate terms with the manufacturing group.
couldn't Samsung simply get back at Apple by NOT making Apple's stuff? I mean, come on.
Yeah. The divisions are on separate, but there is a bottom line for the whole thing. That bottom line says Samsung makes a lot more money as an Apple supplier then as an Apple competitor..
Samsung can easily do that. Pay Apple and then get their money back by raising the prices on RAM and flash memory (because their cost base grew as a result of patent litigation)
They could, but that would be cutting off their nose to spite their face.
Apple is doing an end-around to renegotiate terms with the manufacturing group.
couldn't Samsung simply get back at Apple by NOT making Apple's stuff? I mean, come on.
Yeah. The divisions are on separate, but there is a bottom line for the whole thing. That bottom line says Samsung makes a lot more money as an Apple supplier then as an Apple competitor..
Samsung can easily do that. Pay Apple and then get their money back by raising the prices on RAM and flash memory (because their cost base grew as a result of patent litigation)
They could, but that would be cutting off their nose to spite their face.
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar